Chapter 3

As my fingers turned to the next page, I couldn't imagine what is next in my brother's journal of horrors. Either he was mad as a hatter, or this really was happening to him.

I sighed at I looked down at the page. I noticed immediately that the handwriting was so off from his normal well written kind. It was sloppy and lazy. It made me thing as if someone who was right-handed tried to use their left hand and couldn't quite get the job done.

" Entry 3.

A lot has happened..Its been a month since I have wrote. First off, I can't take much more of this! It has gotten worse. I wake up and its standing there. I go to sleep and its still there. watching. Sometimes I here it wail..oh God..Its wail. It sounds like someone trying to strangle a child with a very pitch voice. My neighbors don't hear it, but I do.

Then, just two weeks ago, I was out with my girlfriend. We went to the mountains nearby. There was a cabin that belonged to my grandfather. He gave me an extra key not to long ago so we took a trip there. It's very nice. Two stories, pleasant rooms, and all that. I won't go into much detail, lets just say that we had fun hiking, sight seeing, and just being with each other..Until, it came at the worst time. This is what happened. We hiked all the way atop one of the large hills there. Up upon those hills it's all grass and saplings. And, it has the most beautiful view.

When we reached the top we sat by each there and looked at the view set before us. I put my arm over her shoulder and held her close. But, that moment didn't last because that..Damned pale figure came. I tried ignoring it and just held my loved one closer. But, then came the whispering. That inaudible whispering I hear at night sometimes. It got louder, and louder, and louder, and each time more and more inaudible. I started shaking and then my girlfriend looked me, and worry struck her face. She noticed the sweat beating down my face, and that me breathing all but normal.

She yelled my name but I didn't do anything. I bolted up and looked to my left, where the figure was in the corner of my vision. "WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU WANT WITH ME?" I started yelling. My girlfriend obviously had a mixture of confusion ad worry as she jump at me and held me back. It was hard for her, seeing at she was shorter than me.

I'm running out of room on this page. "

I turned the page soon enough to read was else what is happening. This is more then just what he is seeing from the corner of his eye. It's not his imagination. He can't be crazy. Unless this thing is driving him to it- or drove him to it.

" My girlfriend then pulled me back hard and we stumbled and fell. I landed on her. When I did I flipped over and looked down at her, still shaken. I got off of her and sat down. My breathing was off the grid. She looked at me with a worried look and threw open her arms and hugged me tight. She told me that I scared the shit out of her, and later she pleaded me to tell her what happened.

I didn't know what to do. I didn't want her to know I'm insane."