16- In Which I Become Simba

-i'm PAST saving-

(hah, get it?)

Her darkest day, Rain figured, was the day they took the light from her.

Extinguishing her candle in the dark.

Her hope in despair.

And he had walked away happily, looking back at her easily and raising his small hand in farewell.

He didn't know, he didn't know like she did.

He didn't know the pain he was yet to endure.

The torture he would succumb to.

But he was the beginning of an era, she was the mother of the Shadow, he was the child of it.

The beginning of the Keepers.

And they would grow, much farther than she had ever realized, sinking their dark claws into the entire world.

And all of humanity would suffer their wrath.

-Here's a PRESENT for you-

Memories are strange things.

I mean, on a normal day, they are fairly simple.

Hey, remember that time when..?

They are just, normal, a part of life, because they have always been there.

But when those memories are gone, heh, that's a different story entirely.

It's like being woken up by a bucket of ice cold water in the face.

Except, this time, the water doesn't just soak you in one big wave and stop.

This time it comes with the likeness of a frozen tsunami, and just keeps pouring onto you with no reprieve until you are failrly certain you are going to drown.

I was standing in front of the psychic, who, after he had introduced himself as Elias, grabbed my hands in his own, and plunged into my brain.

Which was a strange experience in itself.

All in all, it's a feeling quite difficult to describe.

Neither good, nor bad, just strange.

I have read books where the person can feel when someone is in their mind, sifting through memories and such.

But it wasn't like that, I couldn't feel anything other then cold, like my mind was encased in a tub of ice cream.

Which would have been nice, if there had been actual ice cream in the vicinity.

Everything was quiet, as if waiting for something to happen.

The entire world holding their breath in anticipation.

Suddenly, Elias squeezed my hands tightly before opening his eyes, stumbling back, and collapsing.

It took a moment for everyone to register what had just happened.

My heart plummeted, I didn't feel any different, everything seemed to be, normal.

Awkwardly natural.

Something must have gone wrong.

Josephine, Krissy and Aiden rushed over to Elias while Roman came towards me, placing both hands on my shoulders before moving them to the sides of my head, looking into my eyes worriedly.

"Are you okay?" He demanded, repeating the question when I didn't reply.

"Yeah, yeah," I finally managed. "I feel..fine."