Reach

I felt myself falling, falling through what I didn't know. My eyes were closed and my hands rested peacefully on my chest as if I had be concealed in my future coffin. I knew I was not dead, just dreaming. The wind started to whip my hair around my blood stained face and and I saw my tears glisten in the light. I had no idea what was happening but before I had time to think I landed. There was no pain, just a few seconds of darkness...

I opened my eyes and as they dilated I allowed them time to focus. I was some where I didn't want to be; trapped! As I stumbled to my feet my knees tried to buckle beneath me but I was contempt in not letting them. My new location was set amongst a sea of trees that expanded for miles before me. The trees whispered through my mind as I felt their dusty presence escape escape from my thoughts. The smell; rotting bark was dark and the tension filled my lungs. As the light pierced through the trees my eyes widened to reveal more of the undesirable destination I had placed myself in. As I looked up to the tree canopy, in deportation for a way out, sap from a filled tree dripped onto my face and streamed into my mouth. It tasted like Saturday pancakes at my house and the sweetness and fondness of home reassured me and gave me hope. The cabin set before me like a monster in the dark, waiting to pounce and the trees, like tall men that tampered with my dreams, swayed, with the wind, towards my broken mind. Waves of leaves tumbled from their branches and created a barrier in front of my eyes. I glanced down to where my warm body had been positioned, not ten seconds before, and saw the outline of my figure hallowed by the red glow of blood reflecting the reluctant glow of the sun.

As it became dark the forest turned from dormant to active in a matter of minutes. I had been alone in the day, or so I thought, but now shadows started to move with the light if my fire. From what has been complete solidarity had turned to ravenous havoc in a short frame of time. I could not stand to be in this environment any longer so lay my head back onto the moss that I had awoken from hours before. My eyes started to close and my eye lids became heavy, sending my into a tranquil serenity.