1.where it all began

Kelsie

"Stop,please!"I yelled as I tried to fight her back as she tugged at my already frizzy thick,African ,natural hair.Lakisha was at it again bullying me for the fact that I was a black,daughter of a washerman ,poor student on a scholarship.

"What's going on there ladies" Mr Olatunde shouted.Relief swept over me like a cool breeze,Mr Olatunde had been my hero for as long as I could remember and he was saving me again.immediately lakisha and her girls dispersed before I could blink.

Once again,I was here in his office were I always go after I take a beating. THE COUNSELLOR'S OFFICE ."what was that about he asked"how was I going to tell him I took a beating just cos I was looking at lakisha ,ofcourse he won't believe me."nothing I said" as I buried my face into my books.we can't help you like this kelsie,you need to talk to us".I've always appreciated his help but I'd love it if he'd stop treating me like some Haitian refugee."I said nothing".I stormed out,they always said they could help but they never did.

I was in my favourite place,the toilet,where I was free to think about my problems,hide from bullies,talk to myself,look at myself in pity and most of all sleep,as being the accountant to a very popular single parent washerman wasn't easy.only this time I was just gazing .I was tired of life,I had considered taking pills but then I know what that'd do to my dad.

I left there hurriedly,before people began to think I had a cult there or something walking as fast as I could so that no one would suspect what I was doing in the bathroom.oooh no! My books were on the floor,so was someone else's,I had bumped into someone again,why was I so clumsy I asked my self."I am so sorry"I bent down to pick both our books,but something was wrong,no yelling,no cursing no jacking me by my shirt or pulling my thick fro,I didn't even hear the famous one'booty scratcher',just a light laugh"its cool it happens all the time".he said.

I was afraid to raise my head to behold this angel who didn't yell swear words or mount curses at me .I slowly raised my head to meet his gaze.he was looking at me and smiling....he resembled a Greek god,well tanned face,his jaw strong and defined,his shoulders broad,his eyes had a crystal look which was light blue,his nose pointed just a little and well defined,with a little hair on his face,his hair was jet black...Like mine...he was perfectly perfect I thought.

He looked like he jumped out from a fairy story,he was too perfect."are you okay?"he said snapping me out of my thoughts..."Yh..Yh..amm..Amma, fine".I stammered trying to retain my breath and not start covulsing.

Anyways I had no time for this,I was a scholarship student there was no time for falling in love or day dreaming,not like anyone could fall in love with someone like,me anyways,I had poor,slow and nerdy written all over me."I gotta go"I said walking hurriedly..."I didn't even get your name"he shouted for me to hear.

I was at it again acting all awkward,nerdy and full of frivolousities,did he just say he didn't get my name,no one ever cared to,I never cared to.

I dipped my hand into my thick,rich African hair and pulled out a ball of my hair,it must have happened during the struggle with Lakisha.

I saw the table which was full of papers which dad promised me never to touch,but then I was to curious,for days I haven't disobeyed dad and it felt weird,I giggled at the thought of it.

"Ooh,my bloody hell!!"bills upon bills were piled up on the table and as I checked,scattered actually in shock,mouth agape,I saw something ,it was a picture of Mom ,dad and I in a garden,we seemed happy.

It fell,the tears run down my cheek,its been like forever since I last cried and right now it actually felt so gooood...after all the pain I've felt I guess I just became accustomed to pain so tears would have been clichè so I found it unnecessary.

As I cleaned the tear that ran down my face freely,it was then I made up my mind,'I WAS GOING TO WORK'.

Hey guys I just started writing and is love it if you vote for the book and comment let me know what you think.

*****
Love you all like xoxo