CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

three week and a few days so far had been passed since the first day I've set foot in the university, things were for real going for the best for me. I could spend lots of time with the woman I love, I met a girl whom I can call ate (even though she is younger than me) and even the university's library was so marvelous, neglecting the fact that I am studying in a science and technology university, the books in its library were various, from classic international literature to the modern filipino revolutionary poetry during the war against the spaniard colonization. I was as usual, as I had always been in every single empty hour I got in my scheduel, in the library, reading another book, discovering another author, increasing my Tagalog knowledge and spending time with Rachel, getting to know each other even better, sometimes helping her whenever she is facing a problem with her Pharaoh of a boyfriend, or in other matters. I was sitting next to Rachel, while the both of us getting deeper with the another marvelous work called a book. "Hey, how did you fall in love with Jewel?" said Rachel.

- Oh well, it is kind of complicated, it didn't happen all of a sudden, it just took steps.

- Oh, try me, you don't know the complication I have lil bro.

- Well, it first happened when I saw her profile, and I started admiring her mind. Then when we talked, the only thinng I had in mind is to get to know her better and figure out who she really is and to discuss life with her. But later on, I found out that I am in love with her.

- Wow, quite a nice story, so it just came for both of you.

- what about you? how did you meet Mr. Paraoh?

- Oh, it just came, he just came. I was cycling in the net and he just sent me an e-mail. The funny thinkg that I never responded to a message which wans't longer than a line, but somehow, I did answer his, and now he is the love of my life.

- And is he planning to meet you any time?

- Oh yeah, but we still didn't choose the time for it, so for now we'll just stick for the chat and video calling and exchanging gifts, typical LDR thing.

- Oh I am sor....

"Nick?!!". I turned around to see Jewel in here. She came, I was speechless, and Rachel was shocked too, which made it even worse. "Hoeny, don't you have studies now?". Her face was red as hell, but this time the redness wasn't out of shyness, but it was out of anger and pain. I stood up and went next to her, on the way, her eyes were also red, she was going to flood tears. As I reached her, she started raising her voice: "It's 12:15 pm Nick, you're 15 minutes, I knew that you were in the library, but I didn't know that you were with this one" then she started flooding tears, just great. I never wanted to hurt Jewel and yet I already did it now. After all this time of being afraid to do the wrong thing, I finely did it, now I can add it to the list of achievements I don't have. I took a deep breath and said: "Honey, I am so sorry, let me expla..." and I never managed to conitnue my sentence as a slap came right into my face, by her hands. A slap that made me sense my right cheek go red and hot, a slap that broke me down, a slap that'd be probably never forgotten. Then Jewel's eyes got wider, as if she wasn't herself at that very moment. "Oh my God, honey, I am so sorry" she said with her hands on her mouth, and I was still speechless, first she slapped me and now she apologize. I tried to stay, but my self-esteem and dignity didn't allow me to do so. A tear suddenly flooded from my eye, visible for both Jewel's red eyes and in Rachel's wide speechless wife. I wiped the tear out, leaned towards Jewel saying: "Goodbye Jewel", printed a one last kisd on her forehead then went out. 

I reached the big metallic red door of the university with tears flooding out of my eyes, a nostalgic heartbreak that reminded me of what my ex hd done to me. I turned back to see that Jewel already came out, she was turning around looking for me, as I assumed. I didn't wat to stay anyway, so I took my way off out of there.