The Game

I walked into the town pub. The Tipsy Crow. It smelled of the stench of men and beer. There may have been a handful of undesirable women.  Compared to the crowd I was yummy piece of eye candy. Tonight I wasn’t here to make any friends though. It was time to play and maybe make a few bucks.
  I made my way to the bar and grabbed a cold one. I was getting eyeballed by everyone. I didn’t exactly blend in with the crowd I suppose. I was young and pretty. The crowd consisted of middle aged biker type and some hookers. Being the center of attention was part of the plan. I sashayed my way to the other side where the bar games were. The jukebox caught my eye. I stood there a few moments to pick some good music. I took a seat at a nearby table as highway to hell began to play.
  I sat there pretending to mind my business, combing my fingers through my sleek black hair as a bulky man strutted my way. “You here all by yourself darling?”
“It appears that way doesn’t it. Take a seat If you’d like big fella.”
“I'd be damn stupid not to.” he chuckled a bit.
I eyeballed him for a second. Teasing him with my dark brown eyes. “Names casey.”
“They call me butch around here.”
“Pleasure butch.”
“Hmm…so you from around here Casey? Don’t get pretty little ladies such as yourself in here much.”
“No I'm not. Say butch, you play darts much?” I inquired.
“Often enough I suppose. Why?”
“Well I've always been a bit curious about it. How bout ya explain the rules and we will shoot one out just for kicks.”
“Heh heh, why not”
He went on expaining the game. I pretended to care.
He grabbed the darts from the board an stood at the line preparing to aim.
“Hey honey, why don’t we make this a bit more interesting. Wanna bet on it?” I said with an excited smile. Flashing him my pearly whites. 
He began to laugh. I could see his little wheels turning in his dumb cranium. He thought I was just some childish pretty bimbo. Well I have a surprise for his ass.
“ You might want to reconsider baby girl. I wont go easy on you just for being a lady. You don’t wanna go and lose your money do ya?”
“ Your starting to sound like a pussy Butch. Whats the betting rate around here?”
“ A bill.”
“ Alright. Lets do it.”
We layed out our cash and sipped on our beer for a moment. A few fellows started walking over. They seemed a little lanky and dumb. Dumbass biker crews.
“ Say Butch,what you doin taking advantage of this poor girl for? Honey, you knows hes gonna rob you blind. You aint stand a chance.”
“Its all in good fun. You wanna take on the winner?”
“What the hell. Why not? Names Joe by the way.”
“Well, Joe nice to meet ya. Im casey.”
Butch took his stand behind the line and aimed for his target. First dart hit 18. Second dart same spot. Third dart hit the 20. The other guy that walked up with joe hadn't said a word but he was keeping score. It was my turn. I planned on burning on purpose. My first dart hit on the 12. My second dart hit plastic and bounced off the plastic. Third dart 12 again. The boys were grinning thinking it was an easy night to win some cash.
“You sure you don’t want to back out while you can honey?” Joe piped.
I handed joe a 20 dollar bill. “Mind getting us a round?” i inquired.
“ I got it but keep your money. You'll be losing enough tonight” he replied. I just smiled with my candy apple colored lips and looked pretty. Butch was still making scores. But it was about to be comeback time.
My turn was up. I stood at the line. Pretending concentrate really hard. I hit 18 three times. I squealed in all my fake excitement. Butch just nodded his head. Joe was making his way back with some drinks. “Beginners luck huh?” Joe said.
“Something like that.” I replied.
I chugged my beer as I awaited my turn. I was a little bored. I continued to play the dumb damsel. I wasn’t ready to show off yet. I was just keeping the game mostly tied. The game was getting close to the end. Butch hit bullseye twice in a row.
“Not bad.” I complimented. I grabbed all three darts and tossed them at the center. All three darts sticking apart with the tips together maybe in the same hole. Men are sore losers so at this point they typically go through three stages of emotion. First one, shock. All three of them awe struck with their mouthes gaping. I think they were trying to say something but couldn’t get it out. Second stage. Embarrassment. Especially butch. Big bad butch getting beat by lil ole me. His face grew red and his curly hairs stood on end. The third stage which is anger will be revealing itself any moment now.
“Well shit. That’s some hidden talent aint it?” I joked.
“What the hell? I thought you were new at this.” Butch barked.
“Well you know what they say about beginners luck.” I said innocently.        “ but your up. You gonna take your shot or you gonna cry about it?”
Joe and the scorekeeper where still in awe of the shot and maybe a bit in shock at the balls that I had. Talking back to the big boy in the bar. I thought it was hilarious.
“you scamming little bitch. I outta teach you a lesson” Butch threatened
“Ya know butch, people have been telling me that for a long time. So far I aint learned shit!” I started laughing and I couldn’t control it. That really pissed him off. He made his way towards me. His eyes bleeding in anger. “Butch I understand this is probably a hard moment for you. Losing like that in front of your boys but I really think you should stop while your ahead.” Honestly I didn’t want to stop though. The fun is just getting started.
“What the fuck do you think your gonna do? Don’t look like you got much muscle to back up the nastly little mouth. I got something to shut it up though.” Butch responed.
“I got a lot more than you might think.” I said with a smirk. I dodged over by the old rustic wall and grabbed the cash.
“Say boys, guard that door. I think our guest in trying to make a get away.” Commanded butch.