Prolouge

∞Emmalyn's POV∞

My palms were sweating.

We both sat on the couch not even looking at each other. I was beggining to get worried. I mean he DID call me so we can talk. What did he wanted to talk about? Was he going to break up with me? He has been acting strange.

"Emmalyn.." he started.

I looked at him in the eyes.

"We have to break up."

He was. He IS.

I felt the tears sting in my eyes. No this can't be happening.

"W-why?" i said, almost chocking on my tears.

"I found someone else...and i didn't want to hurt you by cheating on you."

I nodded, getting up from his couch and walking away.

I walked out of his house running to my house in the rain. I am so stupid for not bringing my car. I should have known it was going to rain.

Just when I thought things were getting better things just got worse. We would always fight and then we made up, and now he broke up with me for someone else.

I stopped running and walked all the way home. I wiped my tears away with the back of my hand. I saw my hand and my mascara was wiped on my hand and face. Great (note the sarcasm).

As I got home I avoided all the questions that were thrown at me by my parents. I ran to my bed room and sat there for almost eternity. When I tell them they will probably be happy me and him broke up. They never really liked Luke or Beau or Jai or Skip. Only James. They just pretend to like them for my sake. They always wanted me to go out with their family's friend kid. They say he is sophisticated, he graduated, and has a good job. They also told me I should hang around with people like him. Ha, like that will ever happen.

I looked at the ceiling thinking of what just happened today. He was my everything. I looked at my hand and saw the bracelet Luke had got me for my last birthday. I had to forget about him, I just had to.