(2) Reality Is A Bitch

E M M A L Y N-

Reality.

That word has one meaning. The real world. It can sometimes be awful or a beautiful thing that can happen.

For me, it's the worse.

Reality is a bitch.

Reality bitch slapped me up side the head- once I found out Rosetta was going out with my Ex-Boyfriend, Luke Brooks.

My sister and my ex-boyfriend; whom I still had feelings for. It didn't sound right. And here I am, talking to myself inside my head.

That night while I tried to get some sleep, I heard a noise of people whispering. I figured it was Rosetta talking on the phone gossiping about any of the latest celebrity drama or cosmetics. And that was something that happened mostly every night when it was midnight. She was like a witch, it felt like she never slept. 

Soon the whispering was loud enough for me to hear, and then I found out she was yell-whispering out the window. 

“Just hurry up!” I heard her say. 

Me, being the curious folk I am, peeked through the curtains to find Luke climbing to Rosetta's bedroom window. Idiot. I thought. But who was I to judge? He did that when we were dating too. 

It was when we were 4 months into our relationship and by that time it was still a secret that we were dating. The reason we kept it a secret was because our mum's didn't even dare to look at each other. They basically despised each other, and if they found out, they would try anything to break us up. Like I said before, my dad regretted moving to this side of town once my parents found out, they even tried to put me in military school to get me away from Luke. 

I rolled my eyes once he got in her room. Why should Rosetta care if mom and dad knew they were dating? It wasn't like they would make them break up, especially since, Rosetta was like a role model to young citizens- or so my mom says. I thought differently of Rosetta. Who else would know her better than me? She hated me since we were little, I never did anything to her- hence say anything that will make her want revenge on me since I couldn't really speak when I was little. I was born mute, but as I grew older, took many trips to the doctors. I was slowly getting better.

My mother was always dissapointed in me since I wasn't an exact "replica" of Rosetta, but my father didn't mind. I could tell, he taught me how to play soccer, football, cook, and draw. But soon we hardly hung out together anymore and he was the same as my mum, dissapointed in me. 

“Emmalyn?” 

I spun around to find my mum, staring at me. I then turned back around, “What are you doing?” She asked.

I hummed out, feeling as if words couldn't form correctly. I felt like I was in a trance, I couldn't keep my eyes off the view outside. It was hard trying to forget the memories of an ex boyfriend, even if he was going out with my sister. I had to hear them speak about their future plans together, I'll probably end up being an aunt if they end getting married and having kids. Oh that thought is truly horrifying. 

I shivered and the trance was over. 

Suddenly I was infront of a coffee shop, the waitress repeating the same word over and over again, “Miss? Miss?”

And that was how I got my memory back.