28 · Swimming

Due to the recent warm weather, the streets of London were even more filled with tourists than usual and everyone was dressed in shorts and strappy tops. It seemed that even the murderers and serial killers were enjoying the warm weather, I hadn't had a case in 12 days and everything was completely and utterly boring.

"Bored. John get me your gun."

"No. How could you even think about that now? Your son is right there." He unnecessarily points to Hamish- who's at my feet playing with a puzzle.

"My aim isn't that bad, it's not like it would be near him. Also the plaster of the wall is the type that will contain the bullets so there is no chance that it will ricochet off. Get me it."

"Nope. You are not shooting a pistol three feet away from our son."

"There is no chance that it will hurt him."

"But still, what about the noise, his hearings still delicate, it'll scare him. It's dangerous, okay?"

"Fine. So what do I do now?"

"Experiments?"

"Too warm for a few, the heat will interfere with the process, and I've finished everything else."

"Research?"

"Dull. I don't feel like hacking into something today."

"Are you trying to start another argument with Mycroft? But, anyway I was going to ask if you wanted to go swimming with us, if that isn't too boring."

"Not really, I was bored. Why didn't you say before? Of course I'll go."

"Really? Didn't seem like your sort of thing it would be just to have fun...not practical for you."

"No, I liked taking Hamish before, you know I did."

"Yeah, just... I didn't think you'd bother. It'd be a public pool, full of people."

"No it wouldn't."

"What do you mean, what other pools can we go to?"

"I have a contact that owns a private bath house."

"Do I want to know why he or she would let you use their pool?" He asks, grinning.

"I got her son out of trouble with a meth lab, proved that it was her brother."

"Right. So is it really posh?" John asks and seems slightly worried now about how it'll go.

"Probably. They provide towels there are private changing rooms, is that classed as 'posh'?"

"God, yes. It sounds great. Will there be anyone else there?"

"I'd guess at a few people that are paying, but those that can afford it there are the type that don't even use it as they don't stop working."

"Whoa, sounds fantastic if it'd be that expensive...I'll get your stuff then if you're coming." He picks Hamish's bag up from the table and takes it into the bedroom to add my things. He's back less than a minute later, also having taken out the towels due to the fact that they're provided.

I follow him as he begins to walk to the door. When we get outside, I get a cab and we set off and I call the owner of the baths as we drive

"Hello Linda." I say pleasantly, I'd called her private number rather than the office so it would get straight through

"Oh Sherlock, darling. Hello. How are you?"

"I'm fine, I was just ringing to ask if-"

She interrupts me "We simply must meet up, allow me to thank you properly."