Chapter one. The fire

I hear her scream. I go look. I leave my room to see a fire. That's what I have been smelling. Hurry out of the house.

But wait... Where is she? My sister? I tried to go back in the men in big coats held me back.

Some were putting out the fire while others where finding my sister. They found her under a bunch of wood stocks. The ambulance people kept asking if I was ok, but I was more worried about my sister then myself.

I found myself on the Ambulance with Casey. She was out conscious. It was a very long and scary ride. Just seeing her there.

At the Hospital Casey was rushed to a room immeditly while I was set in a waiting room. Waiting for my brother Landon for about 30 minutes till he finally came. "Anything on Casey yet"?

"No nothing. I say.

Soon a doctor came in and asked if our Mom or Dad were there.

"No not yet".

"Hello is she ok"? "What has happened"? "I came home to a burned down and firefighters".

"Ah yes you must be the Michelle".

"May I speak with you"?

"As they walked away they talked for awhile then my mom dropped to the floor crying.

"No" I say "No, no, no"

My mom told us to get into the car. We did as we were told and waited about 10 minutes, till she came in and drove off with no word just hiccuping from the cries.

I knew though but I didn't say anything. I didn't wanna make it worse.

Well Landon ruined it by asking what was going on. She wailed more but tried to concentrate on the rode.

"Casey is dead".

Those words could they really hurt that much? Tears began to form. I knew i should stay stong for her but i couldn't do it.

When we got home mom went to her room for the night.

That left me and Landon.

We sat there for a while with nothing to say.

Ring Ring!!!

I jumped at the sound of my phone.

It was Brody. My best friend.

Brody: Hey How's a going?

Lexy: Fine.

Brody: umm ok whats up?

Lexy: Bye

Brody: wait what!? What did I do?

I know I should answer back but I don't wanna text him. I will just tell him at school. But then again he might feel like a jerk. He thought he did something.

Forget it! I'm done for the night!!

"Goodnight Landon".

"See ya".

I went to my room but my phone on the charger and went to bed.

I had a bad dream all night.

It just kept playing over and over in my head that it was my fualt that she was dead. Like I should have stayed and hung in her room.

I don't know what I could have done though. I could have saved her from the fire. I don't even know how it started though. So how could I really unless I knew.

I dremt about it all night!

*************************************

So end of my book first chapter first book. Sucks I know! I'm sorry :( I an trying! thanks for reading!!!!