Chapter 4 ~ The day after

Scarlet woke up the next morning onto the cold white tile floor. Sitting up images of the previous events came floating into her mind. Reminding herself of the strong, independent, young woman that she is as she picked herself up and deciding the best thing to do, at the moment, was to play some soothing music and take a steamy shower. Thinking that, that would be the best way to bring the life back into her body after all that she had just gone thru.

Scarlet placed her phone on the restroom counter by the sink and played her music on Shuffle. The first song that started to play was " Just like a pill " by P!nk. An original song that she absolutely loved. As Scarlet got into the shower she couldn't stop herself from humming along to the song. She couldn't help but shiver as the warm water instantly began to relax her entire body.

After Scarlet got out of the shower she went into the room to look for her suitcase. Scarlet just put on whatever caught her eyes first. She found a Neon green Nike hoody, grey shorts and some black Converse for a chill day.

Scarlet just wanted to lay in the hotel bed thinking about nothing and maybe watching some TV. She lay in bed and watched The Vampire Diaries for 2 hours and 45 minutes by then it was about to be two. And by then Scarlet had decided that she would either fly to New York after dropping off her car at "home" or it was time for a road trip.

Scarlet started to pack but she didn't take her eyes off of the Television, not until she herd her phone ring. When she got to her phone it read "New message from Dylan". Scarlet opened the text that read," Hay I got your message, what's wrong?"

There were many things that Scarlet could have said but the only thing that she could bring herself to write was "The normal you know... My boyfriend cheated on me, I had a major meltdown in a city where I hardly know anyone and I'm lost so yeah just another normal 2 days. How about you?" she sent the message with unshed tears in her eyes. She brushed the pain away and then she kept looking thru her notifications.

32 missed calls from Nialler and 175 text messages.

"Oh god, I'm going to need to a New number" she thought in a lighter mood.

After that her phone rang the name Dylan plastered on her seen. Her first instinct was to answer.

"Yellow?" she answered with an upbeat tone.

"Where are you?" Dylan asked in a hard tone.

"Well hello to you too buttercup." she said with a light heart.

"Come on Scar just tell me were you are so that i can do get you." he said with compassion in his voice.

"Well I'm in a crappy motel 6 off of the highway." she said.

"Come on you have to give me more than that. Look it the window and tell me what you see." hw said impatiently. "Um i can see the bay-walk." she said optemistecly.

"Oh that's grate you stay there and i'll be there in 5 minutes. Don't move."he said in a strong tone and before Scarlet had the chance to protest Dylan had already hung-up the phone.

"Well that was a pleasant conversation."