Chapter 15

"Daddy look!" Chante said. "He's so cute isn't he?"
"As long as yuh kip cleaning dog's messes mi don't care." He said.

"Daddy I heard you playing with him." Chante said.

"Yuh ah storytella." Mr.Charles said.

"I heard you Dad." Chante said. "I been meaning to tell you your the best father ever."
"Wat yuh want?" Mr.Charles asked.

"I was just telling you how much of a great father you are." Chante said.

"Suh yuh don't want noting huh? Gud don't ask."

"No wait I wanted to ask if you could watch JJ."

"What's ah JJ?" He asked.

"My puppy Joseph Jr. I'm going out with Joseph tonight."

"Joseph Jr?" Mr.Charles laughed and said "Dat dumb name!"

"It's not dumb dad. I like it." Chante said. "But can you watch him?"

"Mi watch him he's anoda mout to feed." Mr.Charles said. "Yuh really like dat dog?"
"I love him Dad." Chante said.
Mr.Charles was happy to see his son so happy a far cry from how depressed he was a year ago.

"So how's your baby?" Destiny asked.

"JJ is so playful and he loves me." Chante said.

"I'm glad you got a new dog where y'all going to eat tonight?"

"I didn't ask I just hope it ain't McDonalds." Chante said.

"He needs to take you somewhere fancy." Derrick said.

"Nigga I don't wanna go nowhere that's too bougie, I don't care if he take me to Popeyes. Cause your girl, will fuck up some Popeyes." Chante said.

"Plus them bougie places food either nasty as fuck or it ain't bigger than a quarter." Destiny said. Destiny's tone got lower and she asked "Did you expose the hoe?"

"I hope you didn't do that shit." Derrick said.

"Now look." Chante started.

"And that's why I love you." Destiny said.

"Chante why? That was fucked up." Derrick said.

"I wasn't going to but what she did 8 days ago was the final straw. Martin had an art thing right and he was supposed to draw people he loves he had a few cartoon characters, some of his toys his teacher Cerise and Joseph and I was there too. When she saw that I felt the heat coming from her. She called herself hanging it up but tripped and punched a hole the picture where I was. Now outside of shade I don't do passive aggressive I'm just aggressive and I didn't care at the time but when that baby saw his picture that he worked on so hard ruined he was inconsolable Joseph said he cried himself to sleep. Now my first instinct was to beat the dog shit out that bitch! I don't hit women I'm well aware I'm a man but I was gonna make that bitch's skull cave in. Instead I settled for ruining her married man's affair."

"Jesus." Derrick said.

"What is wrong with her?" Destiny asked.

"She had some saved messages and pictures I screenshotted I found his wife's Facebook I pressed send and I also said he's my man now." Chante said.

"Then what happened?" Destiny said.

"That's the thing she read them but no response, nothing. She even took pictures with him 4 days ago, nothing." Chante said.