Meet My Eyes

She had walked in with a kind of Captain Jack Sparrow vibe. So much sass in every step. I couldn't bring myself to meet her eyes in fear of being hypnotized. She was like Aphrodite. I always looked at her pretty face, but when she tried to look me in the eyes i always looked away. 

     I didn't know her name. She's been here many times before but I couldn't bring myself to ask her. She was an excellent ping pong player. She always had her Ireland baseball cap on backwards, ripped skinny jeans, a worn out tee shirt and beat up red converse. I will admit that she had a tomboy side, but it was amazing. She was perfect.

     I didn't recognize her at first, but then I realized she went to my school. She was in my grade! I don't think that i've met her before and i was pretty sure! A girl like that would never talk to a guy like me. Yet something seemed strange about today. After she finished playing ping pong she pointed at me.

     "You! Come here and play!" She beamed at me. I gulped. She was the best! Against a beginner like me, i was gonna get eaten alive. I walked over to the ping pong table and picked up the paddle. As soon as I did, our leader called us to attention.

     "Ok guys! It's game time! We are playing an Egg Toss!" Ben shouted. Oh boy. I was dead. As soon as I turned around to go hide, she was right behind me.

     "Wanna be my partner?" She asked. I nodded.

     "Sure... by the way, my name is Christopher. You can call me Chris," I said.

     "I'm Rose. You can call me Rosie," She smiled. She was so pretty when she smiled. She grabbed my hand and dragged me outside. Literally. My bottom got a good scrape. When we got outside, Ben gave us and egg and the game started. About halfway through, the egg splattered all over her. It was my fault. She was really ticked off at me. I ran for my life! Her face was a mixture of anger and so mad she was crying.

     I felt sorry for her, but at the same time I didn't want to die today. I hid and she stormed past me in the bathroom. When she came out, she collapsed on a chair. I slowly walked over to her and knelt next to the chair.

     "What is it peasant?" She asked me. I was confused, but went along with it.

     "My Queen, i was wondering if you were alright? I care only for you," I looked at her. She looked down at me.

     "Well well. The peasant has manners," She smiled.

     "Yes ma'am. I was raised by a manner based father," I smiled back.

     "Rise," She commanded. I did as was told. She stood as well and placed a soft kiss on my cheek. I was stunned. I had no words.

     "Thank you my Queen," I managed and kissed her hand. She giggled. I bowed to her and then left for the big room with carpet. I sat in there and i felt someone wrap their arms around my neck. I panicked and hit the person in the face.

     "Ow!" i heard someone scream.

     "What the?" I looked over the chair and saw Rose laying on the floor holding her face.

     "What did you do that for?" She screamed at me.

     "Rose! I am so so sorry for that! I thought you were someone else!" I exclaimed and ran behind the chairs to help her. I helped her stand and she punched me in the chest.

     "I deserved that," I said, holding my chest.

     "Yes you did," she replied. She hugged me.

     "I'm sorry about earlier," I said and hugged back.

     "It's ok. Thanks for playing along with me. I appreciate it," she smiled.