Demons from the past

POV Breanna

Traveling again took it's toll on me and I fell a sleep. Hearing Jake had died probably brought back some memories because I was reliving a lot that he had done to me. He cheated but he would tell me about it. He would tell the girls name and her assets and that made me feel rather low of myself. Mostly the girl was thinner, had the right color hair. She would be taller or have bigger breasts. Than he would say what he did with her. Which dates he was planning on. He talked about everything that happened with the girl in question.

He would complain about my weight saying I wasn't doing enough to lose the extra baggage and that I wasn't making myself worth while. He sometimes would drag me to lords knows where to do some exercise. I once had to climb a staircase of 508 steps twice. Not all of it was bad. I remembered the view and it was breathtaking but the pain getting up in just wearing my flats was intolerable.

Jake would take me on dates but just normal things. He would take me to dinner when he met with his dad. Simply because his dad would pay so he wouldn't have to do that himself. He took me for granted and I was practically a slave in my own house. Cleaning, doing laundry, everything by myself without any help from him or any of his friends. Cleaning I don't mind but to the extend it was in did bother me. He never took his dishes to the kitchen or a glass he used. He never did any of the heavy lifting in the house. He was lazy and thought I could handle everything by myself. In most cases he was right though. It made me do a lot myself and not depend on people. I rarely trusted people.

That is what amazed me when I met the guys. They were sweet and caring. They did do all the things for me that you would expect. They made me feel special. I was getting used to that. I was getting used to the hugs and kisses and started craving for more. I wanted what I thought was only what happened in the movies...

A happily ever after was what I needed more than anything. Had my parents not died my life would of been so much different. Now I started to realise that I let someone control me and I gave in to his every whim. I was no longer going to except that. If I was unhappy with anything I would say so.

My dream took me to one of the few times Jake did get touchy. He nearly strangled me that day. He thought that I liked another guy better than I did like him. He was shouting and since he worked out a lot he was much stronger than I was. I was fighting him. Yelling that I cared for him and him alone. I tried to get out of his tight grip. He was looking menacing and getting an even tighter grip on my neck. I started choking and coughing. I tried hitting him and shouted to him to let me go. I was close to dying before his eyes softened and he realised what he had done.

He apologized himself and took care of me that day. He brought me to the doctors office and made sure I was allright. After that he grabbed me in the arm and started dragging me to the car. He was taking me to a lonely place and there the beating started again. I shook and all my bones rattled with the hits I got. I tried to defend myself.

"Bree, Breanna, wake up, honey. It's just a dream. Wake up."

Slowly I woke up. I was feeling dizzy. "Air, I need air." The car stopped and I opened the door and quickly got out. I walked to the side and when I was in the grass I got on my knees and just sobbed. I cried. Never that was going to happen again. I was taking big gulps of air. I felt someone rubbing my back and it soothed me. I was slowly getting calm again. The dream had been so vivid. Reliving it all had brought so many memories back that I was unhappy with that. I got back up to my feet and turned around to find Walker standing there. I hugged him. I felt save once again. His scent calming me. His strong arms keeping me safe.

"I am fine now. Sorry."

"No need to apologize. You did nothing wrong." His voice soft as if he was afraid I'd run away. "Bree honey, are you up to go to the car. It's just half an hour left of the drive. You've slept most of it."