chapter 1.

This is what Alexis is wearing in the first chapter. ^^^^

Hi my name is Alexis Gray and im 18. I live with my mum Hailey Gray and my little sister Milly Gray who is 14. In case you wondering no my dad isnt dead at least i dont think he his. He left when i was 10 and milly was 4. Mum still has the occasional phone call from him but theres always a giant gap between calls and ive learned not to wait for him to come see me whereas Milly still thinks he's gonna show up. Eventually. I just wish she knew that he wasnt coming back not now probably not ever, although he has promised on many occasions to come see us but ugh i know hes not coming.

"Alexis sweetheart can you come here please!" Mum yelled from downstairs. "Coming!" I yell back. As i was walking down the stairs Milly walked out of her room. More like hobbled because she has a broken leg right now but still. "Hey Mills need some help?" I ask her "yes pleaaasssse it took me half an hour to get up here and now i need food 🍕" she says sounding more than worn out. "Ok come here" i say as i pick her up bridal style and carry her down the stairs. "Thanks Alex" she says as i put her on the floor at the bottom of the stairs. "No problem Milly" i say as i turn to mum "whats up?" "Well i have a business trip coming up and i know that your 18 but mills is just 14 plus she has a broken leg and well im getting you a babysitter while im away for the 3 months that im gone" she says looking between the 2 of us as milly had hobbled in expecting to hear me get in trouble. "WHAT!!" We shout at the same time "why? Mum im 18 i can look after the both of us it'll be just like your other trips except you'll be gone a bit longer" i say trying to reason with her "dont try and bargin with me ive already decided and its not just a little bit long its a good 2 months longer. Hes coming over for dinner tonight as well to get to know you and im leaving in the morning so he'll be back around 10am tomorrow, ok?" She says looking at me because she knows if she looks at milly she'll change her mind. "Ok?" She repeats "yes yes fine whatever, i see you dont trust me but whatever. Wait its a male?" i say turning to walk back up the stairs. "Yes so wear something nice please" she says after me "this is nice" i say motioning to my whole outfit. " please you look sloppy change" shes basically pleading with me "sorry no can do" i say smiling as i continue to walk up the stairs.

"Alex can you help Milly upstairs to change out of her clothes and into her pjs please!" Mum yells from downstairs "yea give me a second!" I yell. As i start to walk down the stairs i hear the doorbell ring. "Ugh the babysitter is here i guess" i mumble "no hes not meant to be here until 8pm and its only 6pm" mum says looking worried. She walks to the door and none other than my father is standing at the door "well this is a first" i say a little annoyed. "Thats no way to talk to your father" he says "my father left when i was ten and i havent seen him since so as far as im concerned hes dead" i say picking up milly to carry her upstairs. "hi daddy!" She says all excited "do you want to talk to him first?" I ask and she just nods her head "well hurry" i say going to take a seat on the bottom step of the stairs. "Alexis Gray get up and give me a hug i havent seen you for-" "8 years, i know how long i went without a dad no need to remind me" i cut him off.  "I, well ugh fine dont talk to me" "trust me i wont" i say standing up and walking up to my room and slaming my door.

"Alex come get Milly!" Mum yells "is it gone?!" I yell back. "Yea it is gone!" She replies laughing. "Alright give me 2 seconds!" I reply. I run down the stairs and check the time on the hallway clock to see the time was 7:30pm "shit mum he'll be here in half an hour!" I yell scooping up Milly and jogging to the stairs "shit i forgot about him quick go change Milly and get back down here well just have to order pizza or something" she says ushering us up the stairs. "PIZZA 🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕🍕!!" Milly yells making us both laugh. After changing Milly i bring her back down just in time for the door to be opened to the pizza delivery guy. "Matty!" I say walking up to him to give our little handshake hug thing we have going on. "Hey Alex whats happening?" "Not much aye" "heres your tip matt" mum says interrupting us "ahh your too generous mrs Gray" he says as he takes the $50 note from my mums hand. "Damn i think im gonna have to deliver pizzas to our house" i say causing matt to laugh. "Right well ill see you all later yea" Matt says "yea see you Matty" i say. We shut the door and start to set up our dining table when the door bell rings again, "I'll get it" i say walking to the door. "Hi-" i freeze. Hes so hot. "Well thank you" he says smirking at me. "Shit i said that out loud didn't i?" I say "yep but its fine because your pretty hot too" he says making me blush like crazy. "Ugh well come in please" i say stepping aside so that he can walk in. "Thank you" he says. "Your welcome" i reply looking down.

After dinner and a game of twenty questions so he could get to know us he has to leave. "You know that whole time you didn't ask for my name" he points out "thats because i already know you" i say pushing him out the door and closing it. "Mum why the hell didnt you tell me my babysitter was going to be Kian lawley i would have dressed up a whole lot better!" I yell, i could hear her laughing "i told you to dress nicer" she says "i hate you" i say. I could hear laughing from outside and i knew who it was. "Leave already Kian" i say walking up the stairs.

Firat chapter and i feel like this is going to be a good book and ill try to update weekly and i have to finish my other book called "the exchange student" it wont be long hopefully anyway bye guys have a lovely day/night 😁😁