Chapter 7

Somewhere in the Land of Fire

In the forests of the Land of Fire, a man was lying in wait. What was he waiting for? His younger brother's former teammate. He could already sense the huge mass of chakra near him. It was only a matter of time before he was discovered. Before his prey could arrive, the man began coughing into his hand. After the short coughing spree, his hand was revealed to have blood coating it. The red substance splattered against his skin as if it was paint.

"You!" The man heard to his left. His guest had arrived. "Where is Sasuke?" Yelled the noisy blond.
"Tell me, Naruto, why are you so obsessed over my brother?" Asked Sasuke's brother.
"You have no right to call him your brother! You've never done anything for him except give him a life dedicated to revenge!" Naruto yelled. The man flinched, albeit unnoticed.
"That's enough, Naruto. Itachi knows what he did." A new figured jumped from a tree. This one wearing the normal Leaf Village Jounin attire with sliver, gravity-defying hair.
"Kakashi, how nice of you to join us." The man, now known as Itachi, stated.
"Has Naruto here told you why we are here?" Asked Kakashi.
"I'm afraid he has not. But I can't imagine it being any good for me." Itachi told them, in his usual monotone voice.
"Depends on how you loo-" Kakashi didn't finish that sentence due to Itachi beginning a set of hand seals. Neither Kakashi nor Naruto had any time to react to a crow flying into the ladder's mouth.
Naruto started coughing, trying to inhale some oxygen.
"What did you just do to him?" Kakashi asked.
"It was just a little gift." Itachi said, then he dispersed into a flock of crow before either of the Leaf shinobi could do anything.
"Naruto, are you okay?" Kakashi asked, rushing to his student's side.
"Yeah, I don't know what he did, but I don't feel any different." Explained Naruto.
"Hopefully it stays that way. Let's head back to base camp so we can tell the others." Kakashi told him.
With that, they both sped off to their camp, ready to explain what just happened.

*Time Skip*

"... and then Itachi dispersed into a cloud of crows." Finished Kakashi.
"Wow, seems like you had a fun time." Said Yamato.
"Hardly." Naruto said.
"What's wrong with him?" Yamato whispered to Kakashi.
"He's a little upset about not capturing Itachi." Explained Kakashi.
"Well onto the next matter at hand," Kakashi announced, "we will cease searches until word from Lady Hokage has arrived."
"What!? You can't do that! We need to find Itachi!" Naruto yelled out.
"I can, and I just did." Kakashi said in a matter-of-fact time.
"Don't you want to get Sasuke back, too? Or have you already given up on him?" Naruto asked, venom lacing his words.
"Enough, Naruto. Kakashi is the mission leader, so we will do as he says." Yamato told Naruto.
Without another word, Naruto stormed off, leaving the others in his wake.

A/N: This is a pretty short chapter, even for my standards. Sorry it's takes so long to update. School is actually doing stuff now, so I'm usually tired when I get home. But this is the new chapter. I hope you enjoyed it.