01| Chit-Chat

The places in this book is made up with fictional thoughts.
____________________

Chapter 01 | Chit-Chat

_____________________

Freya stared at the fogged up windshield with dripping cold, fresh rain. For the past few minutes since the ride began, the car ride remained silent between Tony (her father) and her. The only thing that is making a noise is the radio and the old engine in the ancient car which Tony bought during his memorable college days.

In the history of their lives, Tony and his daughter, Freya, weren't known much as talkers. Sometimes, she would depise it because people would think that she's a snob when the only reason that she doesn't talk to them is because she does not know what to say or talk about. But there are times when she could start up a conversation and not the other way around.

Freya's mother, Isabelle, on the other hand is way different from both of the chill daughter and father for she was quite a ray of sunshine. Isabelle is usually the talkative person in the group who makes family plans, discuss things that happened at school and bring up interesting topics.

And when she's in the mood, she would make jokes. But she just repeats most of her jokes which makes it hard for her to humor the fine living family at some occasions.

Despite the difference in Isabelle and Freya's attitudes, Freya inhereted her mother's soft and beautiful features while only inheriting her father's abnormally tall height.

A sigh left her mouth as she tilted her head to the right and had her forehead rest on the glossy car window. As the ride kept going, Freya's eyes landed on every building that Tony and her would pass by.

She found big houses, small houses, tiny restaurants, cute cafes, mini shops and etecera, etecera, and she even had all the little details of the house fully studied.

For a small town here in Oakland, she would've already thought that there would be quite a few houses or places around, and her conclusion was right.

Although it's a tiny place, she would always prefer a small town because it's more quiet than the city. Another good news is that Disnea is known to be a very lively place and when she had heard about it, she was satisfied with her stay.

"Isn't there anything else you would like to give Tahani?" her father blurted out.

Freya's ears perked up but she stayed in the same position, "Probably."

He sighed, "She might be fed up with all the books you gave her."

She adjusted herself and chuckled quietly, "Trust me. That girl will never grow old for books."

"What kind of book will you give her?" her father asked.

She tucked a strand of hair behind her ear and answered him, "Probably two more of John Green's and Sarah Dessen's books to add to her collection."

His eyebrows knit together in confusion as he kept driving, "Aren't they currently one of the trending authors?"

"I think so. Why do you ask?"

He sighed, "Why not try giving her a nicely written book that's made by a not-much-of-a-known author? I think that underrated books are sometimes better than the mainstream ones."