The Truth

Her school picture was carefully pasted into the book with Garroth's name underneath it. The color in her face had been flushed away. Garroth started climbing the ladder hiding his face from GameKnight. GameKnight had slumped down to the ground. She didn't know how she felt. "This isn't true.....It can't be."

His face was a deep red as he looked down at GameKnight. "Think what you want." Then he violently ascended up the ladder once again. She looked up at him then back down at the book. She picked up the book and stood up. She was becoming angry again and she looked down at the ground. "Why me?" She asked trying to keep her voice low and calm. 

"Sometimes I ask myself the same question." He said looking down from the very top of the ladder. "And I still can't answer it..." He started climbing up into the treehouse. When he reached the top he sealed the latch and all GameKnight heard was commotion in the main room of the treehouse.

GameKnight couldn't help asking herself why it was her. Lola had the biggest crush on him since  the second grade. She couldn't help but be boastful, but the real thing that scared her was the fact that she didn't even know if she was alive.

She clenched her fist and grabbed the bottom rung of the ladder, as she climbed up the ladder she heard the commotion even more clearly. The voices were screaming, she didn't know who was yelling but she knew for sure that one of the voices belonged to Garroth.

(A/N) Thanks for reading! GameKnight out! :)