A Walk In The Woods

I sighed deeply as I took my first step on the soft and fresh leaves of the autumn season.

I look behind me to see my four close friends, Dave, Davoy, Jeric and Swarit, closely follow behind me.

I laugh at the thought of how we ended up in this situation.

A boring old girl like me in a pale, dull and boring world, ended up becoming friends with some awesome people.

I smiled brightly at them as I continued to walk on the leaves, following the path that lead to the unknown.

Beside a tree, I spotted a petite, pure white rabbit watching us from a distance.

I wave at it as it ran away, never to be seen again.

I let the breeze take me away as we walked even deeper into the woods.

Almost instantly, I noticed a house in the far distance, just seeing it made me smile even brighter.

There were colossal, metallic and narrow fences surrounding the entire two story house.

The theme looked medieval, with some fake statues of guards around the place.

The plants, flowers, everything seemed well managed and taken care of, I wonder who owns this place.

Somehow, we managed to enter the house, it seemed even more prettier on the inside.

Pictures of old people, even more statues of Knights placed on every corner, checkered floors, all the redeeming qualities that I want in a house, it was just absolutely stunning.

We finally reach the dining hall, everything seemed so similar to the previous rooms, except for the long and dark brown dining table running through the middle.

It had a new looking, glass vase of flowers sitting in the middle of the table, a lengthy, white and lacy table mat fitted nicely on top, and dark brown chairs accumulating space around the table.

After looking around for a bit, we decided to call it a day, we exited through the back door and find ourselves in the garden.

I manage to find a porcelain tea cup lying on the tall, uncut, viridescent grass.

I just stare at it, as the others start to notice it and play with it.

It began to get dark, the door we entered in was nowhere to me found.

The only way we could exit this wonderful place was by getting across a freshwater lake, at the end of it was the path that lead us back to our neighborhood.

The boys, without a second thought, jumped into the lake and swam as if their lives depends on it.

I giggle at their silly actions and walked around the lake, I got to the end first as they all finished one by one.

They panted as they wondered how didn't I get wet, before I could answer, someone splattered me with some water from the lake.

I laughed it off as we continued to walk home, soon after we had to part ways.

We waved good bye as we walked our separate paths, going back to the places where we belonged.

// 508 words

Written by me, DSun_Flour