calum

1 year ago

Weak.

Weak was the only word to describe me. I had nothing, no one. The only person I had was my sister.

Now I'm sitting by her side, her death bed; watching her die. Pain jolting through me. Knowing that if I hadnt distracted her, she wouldn't be dying.

And I couldn't stop myself from hurting, the tears where flooding down my face.

I looked at my older sister Mali long brown hair rested up in her shoulders and the machine rested on her face, letting oxygen in and out of her body.

Mali was there. Always, I'm bullied, and she's always there to make me smile. Weather it was her stupid puns, to her hugs. She would always take the fall for things I'd do. She was always filled with adventure. More and more tears started to rush down.

Even when the car accident happened she tried tooth and nail to make sure I was okay, but I was fine. It was her who was dying. She kept saying over and over to be strong. To be happy.

If I didnt mess around she wouldn't be laying here in this bed. I'm watching her life fade from her eyes, and she's looking right at me. Smiling. I could feel my jaw starting to set, more tears fell.

Weak that's what I was.

And I'm going to do exactly what Mali said. To be happy and strong.

10 months later

Its need almost a year since Mali has passed, and I'm my family left everything in Australia to live out in California.

Since her death, I am no longer weak. Loosing her took everything from me. Happiness. It took it for a while until I started going to school. I climbed my way from the bottom of the schools chain to one of the populars.

Since her death. I haven't been the same, strong. That was the only word to describe me after. I was the only person to be strong. My mum and dad got a divorce, my dad blamed Mali's death on me, and my mum refused, and they kept fighting.

In order to pull myself away from the memories, I joined sports, such as; track, futball, and cricket. Living a new life, in someone's else's shoes. This isn't me. I'm not meant to be popular, or a jock, I'm supposed to be a weak nothing. Like I was.

An// here I've made a new account to have a fresh start. I'm keeping it anonymous, for a while because this book is going to be different, there's going to be a lot of emotional connections, maybe for you..

|anonymous|