Chapter 1

I miss her so much. She helped me when I could not help myself. She was always there for me. She always knew how to get me out of situations. Except this one. I really screwed up this time. So much that I need another future. Will I ever see her again? That is the question bouncing around my head. I loved her. Suddenly my head feels dizzy. I can't think about this anymore. I pause next to a tree to catch my breath. I think they're gone. I hope they're gone. Where do I go next? What do I do next? What happened to her? What's going to happen to me? So many questions that are unanswered. I decide to keep moving after catching my breath. Soon the moon will rise and the darkness will be upon me. I have to find a way out before then. I look at the sky. I see the sun attracting to the ground. This means sunset. Crap! I've got 30 minutes before it's dark. This means I'll have to camp here and continue in the morning. I have 30 minutes to make a camp.  I gather leaves, sticks and anything useful I can find. I light my campfire just before dark. That's when it starts. The nightmares. The horror stories. That's when the animals crawl out of their shells to find food. Food like me, maybe. All I have to do is endure the night.