GLASS WAND

"Edmond, I never wanted you as my child. You're an embarrassment ", spoke a tall figure in the shadows of New York's forest.Edmond was standing in front of his father his hands sweaty holding thigh to the glass in his hand . "I always hated you , since the day you were born !" He screamed making sure Edmond heard the words his father's mouth spoke. The words hurt like bullets hitting him—every single sound coming out of his father's mouth. "I'd should've killed you since the day you were born Edmond, you don't deserve to live" his father said . Slowly he reached out his hand to Edmond ,Holding a silver object the size of his palm. A gun. "And you know what Edmond. I want you dead !". He pulled the trigger of the gun without thought the bullet swooped to the air hitting Edmond in the chest . The color red socked Edmond's shirt . Slowly his breath escaping he went down to his knees slowly collapsing to the ground soaked in blood.
"Edmond wake up !" Screamed out Edmond's mother downstairs calling out to his son. "It was dream !", panicked Edmond breathing heavily . Sweat across his forehead and face . Edmond a sixteen - year old , brown curly hair dark that now looked more black than brown. His skin tan-caramel, brown eyes,and body was lean and skinny making Edmond look short compared to others had woken up . Edmond wiped away the sweat with the back of his hand still breathing fast as the air was getting away from him.
"It was a terrible " Edmond had said to Marie her mother driving the car . Her eyes switching to the road and to Edmond "It was just a nightmare " she answered "no!"he panicked "this is was different, it was dad" he answered quickly the words hurt because he tried to hold the word . Marie's expression had changed when Edmond had mentioned Edmond's dad in the dream. "So what happened ?"she asked the words hurting her . She knew what he was about the answer that's why they were moving to Los Angeles in the first place rather than staying back at Washington. "He killed me" he answered . The words struck Marie hard her heart skipped a beat when he had mentioned the words 'he killed me'. The words going back and back in her mind . "Who killed you Edmond ? " asked Victoria his younger sister waking up Logan his also young brother who had been waken up by the commotion what Edmond and his mother were talking about. Logan's brown hair over his eyes reminding Edmond that he and his brother hadn't gotten a haircut since ages had been waiting for one of them to answer Victoria's question. "Nobody" answered Marie trying to change the conversation but saw that Edmond wanted to talk about it . "So, why is Ed acting crazy ?" She asked curiosity in her voice . "It was just a nightmare Edmond go back to sleep. We'll talk about it when we get to our new home " she spoke if getting to a new home, a new place would help her get the pain away . Edmond lay his head on the seat trying to fall back asleep but the dream kept poking the back of his mind. At last he fell asleep. With no nightmares or dreams .

"We're here " said Marie as she slowly pulled the car to the front of their new home. The kids slowly woke to the sight off their new home. A white victorian house decorated with symbols Edmond couldn't understand. Rose bushes everywhere covered around the front of the house making the surrounding more beautiful making Edmond find a bit of relief of the new home. Edmond exited the car closing the door behind him as his mom and siblings followed him inside. The house was beautiful from the inside the color white and red decorated the walls."go check your rooms and change you got the first day of school today" said Marie to her children. Edmond hurried up stairs skipping two steps at a time to see his new room . As he swung the door open he encountered a room decorated in red with three book shelves in the room and books in his bed. Edmond hurried to the bed to the books that lay on his bed . Five books with a message in each one of them from his mom. Probably she left them there for him when they came to check out the house two months ago , Edmond not realizing that they were about to move. Ed picked up the first two books as he sat on the bed. The titles "Angels book of revelations" and "Tale of two cities " one written by Charles Dickens and the other unknown . The others "Magic spell book" , "the codex of the cruentamque cor " and last a book marked in symbols . Edmonds eye fixed on the book titled "Magic spell book" thinking that he was old enough to believe in magic.
Edmond unpacked his logage to the bed and putting his clothes and books away. Edmond headed to the bathroom to change his cloths the new cloths felt good against his skin and the color of the fabric a white shirt and red skinny jeans. Edmond exited the bathroom heading to grab his book bag in his bed placing the "Magic spell book" in his bag. Edmond headed towards down stairs skipping the two steps as he always did and jumping off the last one. "Edmond go grab your brother and sister it's time to leave for school " said Marie from the kitchen handing Edmond his schedule for school . Edmond went to his siblings room to go get them . As he opened the door to their room Logan and Victoria were dressed in their new clothes and prepared for school. "Let's go . We need to leave " spoke Edmond as he left the room with them. "Heres your schedules Logan and Victoria" said Marie handing them their schedules for their first time in middle school .