1. To Find Her Again

Disclaimer: I do not own Attack On Titan's plot line, quotes, nor any of Attack On Titan's characters. It is respectively owned by Hajime Isayama. I only own "No Regrets" story line and OC characters.

Spoiler Alert: It is highly recommended you either read the manga or watch AOT's spin off "Kuinaki Sentaku" before reading this, for an understanding of Levi's Underground life. Nevertheless I hope you enjoy reading! XD

---

Levi woke. Not from the morning sunlight that found its spindly way through the curtain's gap, but rather an irritating sense of movement.

Dust particles.

It felt like his body was slowly being coated in falling dust particles.

He had finally escaped that dirty, underground hell hole, so no he was not going to sit and let his body get any dustier.

With a start, he jolted off the chair he slept on, grabbed the nearest feather duster and madly swiped at the dust that had collected itself overnight. Overnight meaning the three hours he had slept. And yes, he had only slept three hours but it was a routine he didn't mind. He had no need for sleep. 

Years spent safeguarding his own back had only led him to believe sleep was a weakness. And even when he had to sleep, he preferred to sleep on a chair.

Next to his 3D maneuver gear.

Next to his blades.

Levi had one principle. He would never let down his guard. Not to anyone.

As if on cue to her captain's early morning, Petra knocked furiously on the wooden door. Levi slowed his movements, giving a one eye to the clean ceiling before settling his feather duster down and making his way towards the door. He opened it without so much as a glance to the young blonde who pouted her lips at his ignorance.

"What is it, Petra?" he asked casually.

Regaining a sense of duty, Petra immediately took a stance, right arm across her chest and left arm behind as she greeted her captain.

"Captain Levi!"

She eyed his reaction but was disappointed by his lack of reaction.

"Commander Erwin wanted to see you!" she yelled. But when Levi made not the slightest intention of moving, she followed it up with another bellow. "Now!"

Levi groaned but instantly turned on his heel, making his way towards his 3DMG and blades.

Since when had he gotten so used to such a demanding lifestyle?

He frowned knowing his own answer.

It was because of her.

He knew that if Lileas never left him, he would've never fought the resolve to look for her in the above world.

No one remembered her.

Only he did.

Really, why did he not stop her?

...

Levi leaned against the wooden frame of the door, watching as Erwin casually flipped the page of the numerous documents he had spent the night reading. With one last flip and a slam of finality, Erwin stood from his seat to face Levi.

"The 48th expedition is coming up. But before that, I need you to handle a simple task for me. The new recruits entering the Survey Corps will arrive this afternoon and I need to know who will or will not be willing to fight with the determination to fight. Test them for me. We don't need anyone who will needlessly lose their lives."