the astronomers

004
conclusion

"it's difficult for us astronomers to know the difference between love and imagination. it's never a thing of right or wrong, however. it's just very...puzzling. you never know which way your heart could go.

"so, tell me. does that answer your question?"

yes, i'd say it does.

_____

okay, so that is the end (yay).

and i'd like to summarize/clear some things up a bit, also known as the question(s) some of you readers may be wondering.

1. when the writing is in italics, it's namjoon talking. the bold dashed line (- ; refer to above) is when ren would talk.

2. the poems in the story were formatted like this:

23:00; = clear skies, twelve chapters
23:30; = cloudy skies, twelve chapters
23:59; = stormy skies, twelve chapters
24:00. = twilight (calm), one chapter

each section of time and the "weather reports" represented how sane/happy she felt. at 24:00 (midnight/12:00), she committed suicide.

3. the numbers in the right hand corner of the observatory chapters represent the days he's been counting down until he wants to end his life.

4. lastly, here are some clues as to how it was namjoon:

- in 'the stars' chapter, it says '0:00/the year of the virgo' since namjoon's zodiac sign is virgo.

- in chapter iv., ren explained why she would call him starboy instead of his real name, "a great personality" is what the name namjoon means in korean.

- the blonde hair mentioned in chapter xxvii. since all three jin, taehyung, and namjoon have had blonde hair, i hoped that this was kind of confusing lol.

- and of course, it mentions that he's a genius. and we all know that namjoon is a fucking genius.

namjoon had bipolar disorder in the story, and that's why he would have sudden outbursts of rage and impulsive behavior around ren. it was also why he was bullied by the other members.

thank you guys for reading! i worked really hard on this story and i hope that it was worth your time. you can comment some "theories" or questions (idfk) that you had while reading.

lowkey inspired by bigtroll entertainment.