Chapter 7

It was a silent walk back to the girls' dorm, Y/N and Zane just didn't know what to talk about. All you could hear was the wind blowing and leaves rustling on the grass. They sat on the couch when they entered the lobby of the girls' dorm. 

Zane decided to speak up and break the silence, "how are you feeling now?" he asks with a gentle smile.

Y/N responded with a smile and said, "much better now".

*Zane's POV*

We've been sitting in complete silence for a while now, should I start conversation? Why is Atticus taking so long? Why does Y/N seem to be so shy around me? Hopefully she doesn't take my serious personality in the wrong way... Maybe I should speak up?

"So um, how are your classes going?" I asked, I don't know what to talk to her about! I only know she shares classes with me.

"Uh... They're fine I guess..." she says, she seems a bit confused on why I asked her that. " But I'm assuming yours are good too, Mr. Valedictorian (A/N: this is basically a student president if you don't know what it is, so basically someone who represents your school)." she added with a smirk. 

"Haha, you guessed it." I said while scratching the back of my head. I'm making this so awkward for her, I just can't seem to form proper sentences with her. I didn't know I was this shy, I conquered public speaking, why is this so hard?

We sat there in silence for a bit. I think I should speak up again. 

"Hey Y/N, I hope you don't feel intimidated by me or anything. I know I haven't been the best valedictorian to you but I just wanted to apologize because I wished we talk sooner since you seem like a pretty cool person." I said to her in a rambling manner. All I saw was a wide-eyed Y/N, shocked probably. 

*Y/N's POV*

So Zane starts asking about my grades then tells me he's sorry and I'm a cool person? What??? This is all of a sudden, where is this coming from?

"Oh um, it's alright. You're not a bad Valedictorian, you didn't get much of a chance to speak to me since I hide in my room all day. So you didn't really get a chance to meet me properly." I explained. 

"Well I do know you have a spellcasters deck, that's a start," he said proudly. He seems to be making a bit of an effort now, but why not before? He knew who I was through Atticus all along. Not to mention elementary school...

"Well that's right, and you have a Cyber Dragon deck." I replied.

"Haha, that's right. Why don't you tell me about your friendship with you and Carly?" 

"Well, there's not much to know haha... But we met in Ra as room mates, and haven't been separated since. We requested to be room mates for Obelisk and Chancellor Sheppard allowed it since we didn't cause much trouble in Ra. She's like the outgoing type that seems to always go out and have fun, while I stay home and study. I'm always there if she gets too drunk at a party, so I'd go out and take her home. You'd think she would know how to control herself now, but nope." I said happily.

*Zane's POV*

Her eyes started to sparkle when I asked her to talk about her and Carly. She just seemed to be so confident. Maybe it's because she's confident about the topic.

"Wow, you guys seemed like you know each other from birth," I joked. 

"What about you? How did you and Atticus meet?" she asked.

"Well Atticus and I met in elementary school, we also lived very close to each other so we went home together a lot. We both decided we wanted to be professional duelists when we grow up, so we always dueled each other at recess (break time). I wanted to be a doctor if I couldn't make it big, but Atticus was always dedicated to his dream. He may look very lazy, but the kid is very determined and loyal." I said with a sigh at the end. "So we both decided to take a shot and follow our dreams. So we ended up here... and we are graduating at the end of this school year." I said.

She didn't break eye contact once when I was telling my story. She looked like me when I was a little kid, when I was listening to my grandparents' old stories. She was just intrigued in what I had to say.  Carly is quite lucky to have her listen to her Atticus problems, because even I am getting tired of hearing about Atticus problems lol. 

*Y/N's POV*

I'm listening to Zane's story of how he met Atticus, and I'm waiting for the part where he realizes I was there too. I was in the same school they were, of course I would know how they met. It was a big school, but I was very observant as a child. 

"Are you excited about graduating?" I asked.

"I am because I'm stepping into the next chapter of my life, but I'm sure going to miss this place." He said with a bit of a sigh.

"I could imagine, you invested a lot of time and effort here." 

"It must have been worth it if someone noticed a difference," he said with a smile. 

"You know-" I started to form my sentence, but at that moment. Eggs were being dropped from the top floor to the main floor lounge area. When I was about to look up to see who has done this, water was dumped on us as well. 

"You left a diamond for a rock?! How could you?!" the person yelled. The voice sounded very familiar. I just can't seem to figure it out who it was since my wet hair has covered my ears effecting my hearing. 

"Oh my gosh, are you okay?" I ask Zane in panic. 

"Yeah, I'm fine. Are you?" he asked back.

"Yeah I'm okay. Who would have done this?" I asked sounding a bit more sad than I meant to. 

Then we find Alexis walking down the stairs in her little PJ dress with a worried face on. "Zane? Oh my gosh, Zane! What happened to you? What are you doing here? You aren't supposed to be here at this hour." Alexis says.

"Oh, I was just waiting for Atticus. I'll be on my way once he's done talking to Carly." Zane said, his serious voice is back.

"You're waiting for Atticus? Oh well, you can just wait in my room. Let's get you cleaned up first. Come up." she says with  a smile. 

A/N: Ending it here! Hope you enjoyed it!

Published: October 20, 2016?