Teddy bear

I was pretty excited that night, it was the night before Christmas and the environment was filled with the winter enchantment making my imagination blow away with the snowflakes flying in the wind.
That time of the year was my favorite, mostly because my parents didn't fight between them as the rest of the time, but also because of the gifts that they always put under the tree.
"Wait for one more hour Jacky, one hour and they will be yours" I thought when I heard the principal door opening, it was 11 o'clock but knowing my parents, they would be asleep at 12 after putting everything on it's place.
I started to think about what things had they bring to me... Maybe a puppy, or a doll or a kitten.... When I saw the clock, it was already 12:40. "¡Yes!" I whispered to myself and silently walked into the living room.
I turned up a lamp that was on my desk, there were not much things like I expected, but something was something so I began to open the biggest one leaving the smallest to the last.
A doll, a book and some candies, it was all that I saw, disappointed I returned to my room to find one more gift...
It was in a small box decorated with silver wrapping paper and a green ribbon. I opened it without enthusiasm.
"Please don't be more chocolates "I begged, I love chocolate but it would be too much for me...
Finally I took out the content... It was a small white teddy bear with a blue jacket. I stared into it's black eyes, and for some reason I felt really sad, I hugged it with affection as a tear rolled on my cheek.
" Hey! you kinda remind me of someone..." I looked at it as the image of a chubby skeleton with a blue hoodie and a blue glowing eye crossed my mind"I'll call you Sans, what do you think?"his sad eyes kept staring at me in silence and soon I felt asleep with Sans in my arms...

I don't remember almost anything after that or before my father's death three months later.
My life became almost a living hell, my partners in school bullied me millions of times, my mom began to hit me every time she was upset, I was send to the psychiatrist, I was diagnostic with ADT (attention deficit) and depression... During all those years, Sans was my support and my partner almost like a lifesaver, I tried to kill myself like 5 times, all of them because I couldn't take my partners abuse anymore, but every time I was about to jump; the look in Sanses eyes, always melancholic and filled with strength at the same time, made me feel understood so I stopped to give life one more chance.
When I grew up a bit more I began to hear Sanses voice in my head giving me advise when I was in trouble, or cheering me up when I needed it.
I used to take Sans everywhere with me even to school so non of us would be alone.
One day when I was in secondary school, one of my stupid partners called Luis, wanted to mess up with me as usual, Sans told me to ignore him and to chill down so he would get bored and leave. The first ten minutes I did just what Sans told me, till he stole Sans from my side.
"Give it back! Leave him alone punk!" I tried to save my dear friend but other of the bullies grabbed me from the back so I couldn't move.
"Oh! You want it? Is it that important for you?"he laughed and with horror I saw him took a box cutter out of his bag.
" Please don't harm him!!! Please!!! " I cried disparately and he pointed the cutter at my throat telling me to shut up but I barely paid him attention when Sans voice came to me:
"Kiddo, chill down don't risk yourself for me, I will always be with you no matter what we made a promise remember? Please take care bud.." The cutter passed through Sans and split him up leaven pieces of cotton all over the floor...
"No..." The bully left me go as he discussed with Luis telling him he went to far...
I ran to what was left of my beloved friend and with tears on my face I attacked Luis with all my rage... The last I remember is my mom looking at me worried with Sans covered in blood laying on her knees.
The next day I woke up in hospital with several injuries all over my body, and an stitched Sans by my side.
My mom told me that during the fight Luis beated me up and stabbed me multiple times the other guy called a teacher for help and took Luis off me, she said it was a miracle that I survived and that god saved me... But in the inside I knew Sans was the one who protected me.
I looked at his eyes and I hugged him with love but this time he wasn't there, it was just a cold White teddy bear...