Apologies

"Guys..." Miranda muttered.
"I would appreciate it if you guys stopped starring at each other like that" she ran a hand through her hair.

"If I don't look he'll probably leave and start acting like a whore" Steve stated as he continued to glare at Tony. Tony winced but didn't look away.
"If I look away he'll probably go off and attack another kid" Tony countered, Steve clenched his jaw.

The two prison guards began commenting to each other about how "messed up" it was and how they "burned" each other.

"Kids..." Miranda sighed.

"Anyway, I have all the possible suspects here"
She opened a folder revealing 5 papers
"The first and main suspect is Will Carson"

"Wasn't he the gardener" Tony raised an eyebrow.
"Was before you fired him, after that his criminal records have rose. He has a reason to do this and the background to match. It's logical to suspect him"

"Yeah but I don't think that's the case, we fired him because he never came to work and didn't even care when we did, some of the other workers say he was planning to quit anyway"

"Suspect number 2 is Ryan Dem, your security guard for two years, even though he has no motive he could have been paid. He knows how things are between the avengers"

"I'm pretty sure they both aren't-"
"I disagree with Steve, I'm surprised by what a great detective you are Miranda" Tony interrupted knowing it pissed Steve off.

Steve's POV:
"I think that it was definitely one of them"
He smiled. Honestly can he get anymore childish. I rolled my eyes and looked down at the remaining three.
Karen Manor
Andrew Kraken
Pepper...pots

"Wait...why is Pepper on the list" Tony stood frozen as the words left my mouth.
"She is the last suspect, pepper pots, ex fiancé of Tony Stark. Pepper-"

"ITS NOT HER" Tony yelled as he stood up.
"Sir please sit down" one of the guards stated. "Don't tell me what to do!"
"Sir please calm down" the other tried but was pushed away. "Let him go" Miranda became serious.

I stood quiet as he left, I wanted to say something, I wanted to hide away her existence and take away his pain. Maybe if I just kept quiet.
"I'll handle this" I whispered before chasing after him.

Tony's POV

Why would she even think of that.
Pepper loved me
I loved her.
She would never betray me.
"Tony" Steve yelled. I rushed towards my car locking my self inside.
"Tony..." he knocked on the window.
"Tony listen to me" he voice was half faded.
"Go away" I yelled.
"Pepper was the love of my life"
He stayed quiet before tapping lightly on the window.
I turned around slowly meeting eyes with him.
I almost died.
He had sharp cheek bones, perfect bright blue eyes, bed hair that just turned you on, and the hottest stare you could imagine. If it wasn't for me being locked in this car I'd probably close the distance.
"I'm sorry....I'm sorry for hurting you. For being so harsh on you, for doing childish....messed up traps. It wasn't your fault it was mine" he paused. His breath had fogged up the glass.
"It's only been a day or two and I'm already missing you. I miss waking up with the excitement of seeing you. I miss taking lunch down when you spent hours locked up in your lab. The moments when we would sit together in our warmth while watching kid movies..." he stops to chuckle "I'm sorry for giving you a cold shoulder when you became engaged"

My breath hitched.
I wanted to say something. Tell him I miss him to. That it really hurt when he did that. That I lost weight when he stopped coming down to the lab. I became depressed again after receiving his cold glares. I became distant and lifeless...probably why Pepper left me.

Before I knew it the car door opened by itself and two arms wrapped around me tightly.
"Forgive me Sir...I had to" Jarvis muttered.

My heart was beating loudly as his skin touched mine. My face was turning a deep shade of red, what if he heard my heart, this is so embarrassing.
"Your times up, back inside captain" the prison guards muttered.