I Promised

Mel come out there are no monsters I promise it's safe . My little sister Mel is 7yrs old and still afraid of monsters in her room. Being 15 she thinks I'm the bravest person to fight a monster. "Danielle, Mel come down and eat!" My mom screamed. We raced down the stairs we all chatted for a bit. My dad brought a cake for dessert and we told stories about my parents childhood. Later I went to bed. I started to have a nightmare I heard 3 shots outside my door I was sweating and crying I heard my parents and sister scream. I woke up I heard footsteps and a man talking so I ran and hid in my closet. He came in and left I muffled my sobs and figured out it wasn't a nightmare. I scrambled out of the closet and grabbed my phone. I dialed 911 and soon they came and arrested the intruder. They had me wait in the car, I started asking where my parents and Mel were. A  female officer came and explained that a man shot my family and they didn't survive. I was in shock I  cried for a good hour. In my mind I kept repeating "I PROMISED ITS SAFE I PROMISE" why wasn't I there I should have been killed not her SHE WAS ONLY SEVEN why is this happening.

Hey guys I'm Olivia this is the first chapter of my story and I hope you guys enjoy this thx sm :)