Chapter 1: Goodbye Gotham

Never in his life had Bruce Wane seen a grown man cry, until today. There before him was Bane, on his knees crying, over the news that his daughter was missing. The proof was in his hand. Her favorite ring, the one she never took off, unless she absoloutley had to, but even then it was never far from her, was sitting in his hand. "Why would someone do this? She's so kind and sweet. She would never hurt everyone." Bane's voice quivered as he spoke, Batman could already tell he needed time so he left, leaving Bane to resolve this on his own. Bane's sorrow quickly turned to anger. Nobody took his daughter and got away with it. He pocketed her ring, and set off, making good use of the tracker he put in her jacket. He didn't like where the signal was coming from, it was a place where Killer Croc was notorious for lurking. Swallowing his fear, he jumped down, the stench of the sewer instantly filling his nose. "Somebody help!" That was her! Bane bolted forward, following the sounds of the cries for help. The closer he got the more he could hear another voice. "Come on Crocky! She isn't even a sampler!" There was a loud roar, and something crashing into another, just as a blur of green flew by, and Bane could tell by the green apple and cotton candy smell that hit his noise soon after, that Raven was with that blur. He gave chase, hearing the loud angry noises of Killer Croc. The blur zipped up the ladder, while Bane followed close behind. He instantly lost them. Checking the tracker again, he saw that Raven was heading for home, so he raced there, taking every short cut he knew. He arrived just as the tracker said Raven had too. Bane rushed to her room, and saw her on the floor, clearly confused. "D-D-Daddy? What just happened?" Bane said nothing, and just wrapped her in a hug. "Daddy! I'm fine! If that's what you're worried about." He still said nothing, but felt something soft and warm wrap around him. "Daddy, I'm fine really. That man saved me." He looked up, seeing Raven with her wings wrapped around him, and her beautiful rainbow eyes looking at him. "What man?" "That man in the sewer. He came out of nowhere. He distracted Killer Croc, and made him ram into a wall, then untied me, and got out of there. I tried to get him to stop when I saw you, but he wouldn't listen." "What did he look like?" "He had medium length seaweed green hair, a really pale face, black or purple eye shadow around his eyes. and a long smile made from red lipstick. Oh and he had golden brown eyes!" Raven described. "Raven. If you see that man again, don't go near him. He is an insane man known as the Joker, and he's probably going to hurt you." "But why didn't he hurt me in the sewer?" "I don't know. Just please stay away from him princess." "Yes Daddy." "Here's you ring my little butterfly."

 Bane gently slipped the ring back onto Raven's finger, making her smile

Bane gently slipped the ring back onto Raven's finger, making her smile. "How about you go wash up while I make dinner?" "Okay daddy." Raven nodded, watching as her father left, and closed the door behind him. She stood up, feeling a sharp pain run through her leg, and she looked down, remembering that was where Killer Croc had bitten her, trying to drown her. She shook it off, and half limped, half walked to the bathroom. When she got in and once she had the door closed, she examined her wound, seeing it was just a bruise at the moment. "Nothing big." She turned on the water, instantly feeling heat fill the room. She stripped, and stepped in, sighing at the warmth. She spent a few minutes in the shower cleaning up, before stepping out. Just as she started to dry off, she heard her father call out. "Dinner!" "Be there in a bit Daddy!" She called back. She finished drying herself, and got dressed putting on a white long sleeve shirt with, and some black yoga pants. She slipped on some sock, and headed out of her room, where he father was waiting next to the door. "I put your dinner on the table. I need to step out for a bit, keep all the doors and windows lock, and don't let anyone in." "Yes daddy. And Dad?" Bane looked back. "Although our time is done..." "I will always be the sun." He said before he left, the door locking behind him. There was a loud screech, and Raven's beloved falcon Swift flew over, landing on her shoulder.

Swift:

"Hey big boy

"Hey big boy." She pet his head, making him lean into her hand. Raven headed to the table, finding a steaming cup of noodles. "Sweet." She sat down, letting Swift onto the table, while she ate. Swift hopped around, looking for his mouse toy. "Looking for this?" Raven asked as he picked up the toy from the ground. Swift snatched it up, taking it by the tail, and tossing it around. Raven laughed at him, just as she finished, disposing of the cup, and putting the fork in the dishwasher. She went to turn around, just as a black gloved hand clamped over her mouth. She panicked, starting to flail, trying to get out of her attacker's grasp. Swift screeched loudly, and swooped at Raven's attacker, who let her go. When she got a look at how it was she screamed. "Wane! Swift follow!" Raven rushed to her room, Swift following. She locked the door, and slammed her fist on the panic button, before rushing to her bathroom with Swift, and locking that door as well, hoping her father would hurry. The sound of her bedroom door's lock being jimmied, made her panic more, and she slid to the floor crying. Raven had heard stories of what he did to people, and she now feared him. Swift managed to get the window lock open, and screeched for Raven. She nodded, and grabbed her bags. Once for her basic needs, and the other for Swift to hide in. He dove in, while Raven escaped through the window, just as her bedroom door burst open. She scaled the side of the building, making it to the roof, just as down below she could see her father rushing by. Raven sighed, using the shadows of the night to hide herself. Soon everything got quiet, the alarms stopped, there was no yelling, no fighting, only silence. Soon a voice called out to her. "Raven? I know you're out here, just come quietly and there will be no problems." No! That was Wane's voice, meaning her dad lost. Raven slipped into further hiding, more shadows surrounding her. She had two choices, either stay, or run, and there were even more choices depending which path she chose. She chose to run, she had a little over $2000 dollars in her bag. Just enough to get herself along if she left Gotham, plus her dad had connections so she knew where to go. Raven shape shifted, turning into an eagle, and flying off. A single tear escaped her eye as she flew, but she promised to come back, she just needed time to lay low, to keep herself, but more importantly her father safe.