Chapter 2: Hello Gotham

(5 years later)
Raven sighed as she looked at the boat, it was finally time to return to Gotham, and hopefully find her father. She'd changed a lot. She had different hair,

 She had different hair,

she dressed differently,

 and just looked different in general, but one thing stayed the same

and just looked different in general, but one thing stayed the same. Her ring, she still never went anywhere without wearing it, although the tracker she discovered on it had long since been destroyed. "Last call for Gotham!" Raven snapped out of her thoughts and rushed on, following the directions to her cabin, where she locked the door, and left Swift out. "Hey Buddy. We're on out way back to Gotham. I just hope daddy isn't to mad." Swift screeched, and Raven laughed before settling in for the long trip to Gotham. "Now arriving at Gotham!" Raven groaned, she was still so sleepy, but she got up anyway, and packed up her things, arriving at the upper deck just as they were docking. "Hey Gotham. It's been so long." Raven whispered to herself. She looked at the apartment key she had been sent, and address card attached to it. It was so close to home, but so far. She walked down the board, heading for the dock, where she headed to the street and hailed the cab, telling him the address. The drive felt like an eternity but she got there none the less. Raven trudged up six flights of stairs to her penthouse apartment. It wasn't much, but it would do. She let Swift out, before flopping on the couch she had shipped there. "Ok. Made it to Gotham, got to my apartment, now I need to get info on my dad. But the news reports make it seem like he isn't neutral anymore. So where would I go to get info?" Swift just cawed, and continued to look around. "Maybe I should..." *woomph* *squee* Raven looked to her window with a start and saw some guy sliding down it, his face pressed against it in a stupid manner. "Is he wearing...clown make up?" Just then another one hit another window. "Is someone throwing fucking clowns at my window?" She headed to a third window, and didn't see anyone, just the clown guys falling into conveniently placed dumpsters. But on her window seal was a note. She cautiously opened it, only to find two words written. 'Remember me?' "Remember who?" Raven looked around, still not seeing anyone. She closed her window, bringing the note with her, just as something or someone barged into her apartment. "EEEK!" She brandished her 9mm Glock. "I would suggest you put down the gun! GCPD!" Raven dropped her weapon. "You nearly gave me fucking heart attack! Who the hell are you and what gives you the right to burst into my apartment?" "I'm Commissioner Gordon. The Joker was sighted launching his henchmen at the windows of this apartment, and we needed to see if there was anything or anyone in here that he might be after." "The only living things I know are here is me and my falcon Swift, speaking of Swift. Swift!" There was a screech, and Swift flew in, landing on Raven's shoulder. "His permit is in my bag." Raven then noticed her gun had no ammo. "With my ammo. And I give you consent to search my bag. It's the one with the butterflies on it." "Thank you miss..." "Raven. Raven Bayonette." "Never heard of someone with that name." "I just moved here." "Oh. Welcome to Gotham then. I hope you've heard about.." "The problems, I have, I've done my research." Gordon nodded, before heading towards Raven's bag, unzipping it and finding what she said was in there. Half a box of hollow point ammo, some clothes, a few knickknacks, and Swift's permit. "Do you have anything else?" "My couch, and that's about it." Gordon nodded, and did a once over of the couch. "Everything seems to be in order. Here's my card in case you need me." Raven took the card, and nodded. "I'll call if I need anything." Gordon nodded and left. Raven flopped onto her couch, making Swift flap his wings. "Sorry Buddy." Swift cawed, and bent his head down to be pet. "Ok." Raven pet the soft feathers, making Swift a very happy bird. "Such a pretty boy." There was a knock at the door, and Raven grabbed her gun loading it. She opened the door, gun ready. "So ya are prepared! But that don't matta! Mista J wants to see you!" Raven was grabbed, but she fought back, only to have chloroform put over her mouth. She could only say one thing as she went down. "Swift....Zoom..........Zoom."