Chapter Six

It was Monday morning once again. I slowly got out of bed and searched for my uniform, wondering where I'd left it on Friday afternoon.

Eventually I found it and I put a slice of bread the toaster. I did my hair in a fishtail plait while I waited for it.

I finshed getting ready and I walked out of the flat with my toast in hand. My school bag was heavy and I hated the long walk on Monday mornings.

Checking the road for cars before I crossed, I then seen one I recognized. I stepped back on the path to avoid getting hit. The car started to slow down and came to a complete stop in front of me. The blacked out window rolled down revealing a smooth looking Harry.

"Get in. I'll give you a lift." He ordered.

I hesitated. He might of helped on on Sunday, but he could be planning to do something to me now.

"Well are you coming or not?" He asked.

"Yeah I am, thanks."

I got into the passenger seat of his huge car and Harry started to drive.

"How's your mum?" Harry asked. He'd always liked my mum and had a soft spot for her, especially after my dad. He knew she still wasn't 100% over it even though it was a long time ago.

"She's ok I guess. She's very tired all the time and she still cries a lot. She's the best though."

He nodded in reply.

I couldn't help but stare at him. He was wearing a black t-shirt and black skinny jeans. I could see a few tattoos on his bare arm that I hadn't noticed before. Usually I wasn't so keen on tattoos, but as much as I hate to admit it, they really suited him.

We were almost at school, two streets away, when Harry pulled up at the side of the road. I looked at him with confusion.

"You need to get out here." He said.

"Why? Is is that embarrassing to be seen with me?" I snapped.

"No, not embarrassing, but we can't be seen. It's complicated, okay."

I picked up my bag, got out and slammed the door. I finally thought he was doing something nice, but here he is throwing it back in my face.

Telling myself to stay calm, I turned into the street of my school. I could see people greeting there friends and chatting about there weekend. Nobody even glanced at me. I didn't expect them to. It's the way it has been for four years.

~
3:30

The school bell rang. Out of habit I scurried to be the first out of the classroom, but then I thought maybe I didn't have to.

Harry had held my hand, helped me at work, apologized, saved me from two boys, and given me a lift to school. Surely he wouldn't still beat me up?

Just to be on the safe side, I walked quickly out of school and out the main gate. I breathed a sigh if relief that he hadn't caught me up.

Then I turned the corner to see Harry waiting.

"No," I breathed backing away. I lent against the wall looking up at Harry. "I thought you might of changed slightly after our whole weekend.

"I've told you before, this is how it has to be."

He knocked me to the ground and I yelped. I looked up into his green eyes. He swung a fist at me. I flinched and closed my eyes waiting for the impact - only it never came.

I opened my eyes to see his fist inches away from my jaw. It was like he was frozen. He dropped his hand and looked at me. We stared at each other in silence.

"It's too hard. I can't do this." He said with worry.

He held out a hand to help me up. In total shock, I grabbed his hand and got to my feet.

"That was the last time. I have to find a way out of this." He gently told me.

"The last time you hurt me?" I asked. I was beyond confused.

"Yeah. I'll fix everything." He said trying to convince himself. "I need to go." And without another word he left me staring after him not knowing if this was a trick or what he was going on about.

***********

A/N: Sorry this chapter is shorter than the others. Please vote!xxx