What Will It Take?

What will it take for the questions to come to end?

What will it take for a clean slate?

What will it take to get my mind to just settle down, only long enough to breathe, before the worry starts again?

What is it going to take for me to not feel like you secretly want to leave?

What is it going to take for me to not feel like another man is whom your heart desires?

When is it going to be that you look at me and the only thing I see is pure love. To see a devoted man willing to do anything and ask for my hand.

What is it going to take to drive the madness away.

When I lie paralyzed at night , awake.

Too afraid to fall asleep before you, scared that you might open up that door sneak out and see your other lover whom apparently only exists in my mind.

It's just me right?

It's just my insecurities.

I am one that suffers from the darkest curses one could ever dare hope to have.

It causes me to lose sleep, causes me to fear the things I shouldn't fear. It's what causes the tears that gently fall on familiar soft ground each night I close my eyes and tell myself every little thing will be alright.

I believe in God. I believe in you, but is it to an extent. I believe in me, and I believe in us?

But what if you get lost in lust.

What will it take for me to feel like I am enough?

That the scars that left this wear and tear, don't define my present or my future.

What will it take for it to feel like Love truly does win.

To feel like you do love and only want me.

That there is no other man

That this all isn't just a dream.

That this is you

this is me

this us

this is real

this isn't a dream

I am enough

You are faithful

You love me

we aren't my parents

It's okay to fall asleep

I won't wake up to you being gone someday

You are mine

I am yours

But what will it take?