Mercy

"Everything doesn't seem to be as it is"

-

I don't think i remember a day like this. Waking up on a early morning to ready for another lonely day. A day i'm just not ready to face again. I've already dealt with sleepless nights for the past few months and i don't know when these nights will come to an end. The day someone understands me, with all the heart break and exhaustion and will stick by my side through it all will be the day. To have someone tell me everything will be okay and wrap my up in a cozy knitted blanket with their arms around my waist tightly. Soft music playing in the background, butterflies taking over the pit of my stomach. That fuzzy, comforting feeling of someone being there for me. But daydreams don't necessarily happen now do they?

It was half pass five in the morning, I couldn't find the urge to get my ass out of bed. But I eventually did, slowly pulling the white sheets off my pale legs and sitting up on the edge on my bed. "Let's get to it, Beth" mumbled to myself. I stood up, cringing at the cool contact my feet had with the cold hardwood floor before walking to the bathroom. It couldn't have taken me longer to leave the bathroom, fully bathed and hair dried/done. I really didn't bother picking out an outfit the night before so I threw on a pair of light washed jeans and a loose sweater. I slipped on my socks and vans, picking up my bag and trudged down stairs. No body was awake in the house as usual. I didn't get the privilege to get drove to school by my older brother anymore. It was still a bit dark outside when I left for the bitter sweet drive to school. I plugged my phone into the cheap speakers of the car and listened to the same song I would always listen to, Chocipolate. I pulled out of the driveway and down the street I went.

To say a bit, I wasn't lonely or depressed. But I wasn't the most popular or the brightest. I wasn't how others claimed to be. I didn't want to live up to typical high school standards. I drove through that lightly busy streets of the town center and to the school parking lot. I sighed in relief as my eyes found Lucy's car parked in the usual spot. She was hand in hand with Niall, her jock boyfriend. Then there was Liam. The one that couldn't make my day any brighter. He was that friend, that I had more emotion towards than the others. I pulled into the spot next to theirs and pulled my keys out of ignition. I started to feel better as I noticed Liam make his away around to the drivers side of my car through the rear view mirror. He leaned his side onto the car as I pulled myself to get out. "Good Morning Beth" His heavy smile won me over.

"Morning Liam. How are you?" I asked grabbing my bag before closing the car door.

"I'm fine this morning. Just a little exhausted. Stayed out to late with Niall and the others last night. Terrible idea because it was a Thursday night and we have a game later. What about you?" he chuckled, wrapping a arm around my shoulders as we walked back to the others. "Wish I could say the same." I mumbled before Lucy could pull Niall to me and Liam.

"Beth, so happy to see you here." She gave me a sympathy filled smile. I nodded and smiled to Niall. These were actually 3 of the four friends I trusted with my life. Louis, Lucy's brother was probably already inside. He was the one that I could get work done with, school work. He was all about his grades and getting things to the best they can me. He was the brightest of us, me following close behind. Lucy is his twin, and probably the most gorgeous girl in the whole school. She was the captain of the cheerleader team and the star of the Drama Club. Niall, her boyfriend was the star of the football team. He was also the funniest person you can meet. He made everyone smile. But he is a soon to be frat boy, I can tell its coming. Lucy loves his laugh and how he can get her to do things she wouldn't normally do. Liam, he was the one that thinks that he has to put others happiness before his. He is also the shyest of the 5 of us. To say the most, me and Liam aren't together. But Lucy claims we are better saying we are.