Soul Escapers

“mama?, papa?” i whispered

Loud banging noises rang through my ears, loud growls and scream came from a middle age female and male. I slowly peaked at the small gap betweens the two doors that i was keeping me shut from coming out of the cupboard in the kitchen. I could see hands and black figures scratching and pulling, hitting and banging. The small petite female with red hair, wearing a white apron which was now stained in deep red blood, and her long blue pants ripped up to her knees is shoved against a wall, her face shown terror as her eyes looked as if they would bulge out, her mouth hanging open and her eyebrows scrunched up. She used as much strength within her to push away the black figure, throwing her arms frantically and calling for help, her voice high pitched indicating fear. The fear of death. Ever so slowly, her eyes began to change from a light brown to blood red, her face began to show calmness  as the black figure suck in her souls, leaving the cold pale body laying motionless on the ground.

I was awfully scared, my eyes began to tear up and my small hands was covering my mouth as i tried my hardest not to scream or shout. 

Hearing a small groan from a man, my eyes trailed off to his body that was held in mid air by the dark figure, he was built,wearing dark shorts and shirt, black hair and i was able to barely see the small tattoo on his arm which shown a bow and arrow. A hunter. His deep eyes was looking into mine with comfort and love, before the man was thrown across the room where his big body slammed across the dining table and where his soul was sucked, he gave one last smile, the last smile that i saw from my papa.

As soon as the dark figures finished sucking mama’s and papa’s soul, they rampage through the house looking for other human beings to suck and leave body decay, i sat in the cupboard with my eyes closed tight, my knees close to my chest and my arms wrapped around my body to stop myself from shivering with terror. I was a child, a child full of dreams and hopes until my own mama and papa was taken away from me at the age of six.

“SCARLET, SCARLET” Eric screamed, shaking a girl to wake her up from her own nightmare. He was afraid that he was going to damage her small petite body that was laying oddly on the hard, cold ground screaming for help as she suffers from her own nightmare, the nightmare she has been having ever since she was 6, the nightmare that she encountered at such a young age.

Scarlet lived for nine years, in pain and sorrow as she felt the guilt shot through her heart every time she was asleep or awake. She had red hair and figure like her mother but a strong personality like her father.

“Eric?” Scarlet mumbled “it was terrible” slowly, tears began to fall from her brown eyes as she lye on the ground, dazed. Her faced was pale and she was cold, guilt was shown through her eyes and she squints.

“its fine, i’m here” he soothed her. Eric had a strong built figure, he has jet black messy hair with eyes like the colour of the deep ocean. Eric was quiet tan and have a tough personality showing on the outside while the weakest loving heart in the inside, for Scarlet.

They sat together until the sun rose, watching their dog run across the grassy area and catching squirrels. Holding onto one another tightly, knowing that they may not make out alive of the horrific and long journey that they was going to set, to find a possession and  answer to their problems.

They both knew that avoiding the forest near them was the best option until the sun was completely up. Myths foretold that during late evening and dawn, soul seekers lurk through the woods, waiting for a person’s weakest point to attack suck their souls. 

As soon as the sun rose, Eric, Scarlet and Ruffle; their fluffy white samoyed dog, set off into the forest known as ‘The Deep Souls’ to begin their journey. Watching every step they make and the surrounding of trees, sun shining through the big leaves and branches, it looked like a normal forest. Deeper and deeper into the forest, they began to hear whispers from the souls, peaceful ones tell them to head back, hateful ones lure them in. Occasional dark shadows was seen and the whisper became louder.