Chapter 2

Having Nonon was the best. She understands me. Sometimes, she catches birds and gave it to me. Its like, she's trying to teach me how to hunt. I think that she think that I can't hunt or she's just wanting for me to cook it for her. I won't know.
Some days later, she got pregnant. I ask for my mom to look for any boxes for her. I let her stay in the box and gave her my leftover foods. she gave birth to three kittens. They all were adorable. One day, three of them grew up to kittens. You know, the time they can finally walk properly and can eat hard food. It was time to go to school. I fed one of the kittens behind the car. When the car reversed, the kitten was hit.
My mom, siblings and I were shocked. My mom asked me, "Grace, did you feed the kitten behind the tyre? What were you thinking?" I didn't know anything. I didn't even knew that it was my fault. The kitten was mixed colours, black, orange and white. Dad buried it when we left. I didn't knew where he buried it. I knew, Nonon was upset. Thats the secobd time she gave birth. Two of the kittens grew up, and looked for a new home. I didn't understand. Why don't they just stay with me? Was I that bad to their sibling?
I thought Nonon will leave me because I killed her kitten. But, she didn't. She still stayed with me. Until one day a cat showed up. He was white with orange spots. He was a scardy cat. Every time I tried to touch him, he'll hiss or run away. Nonon was normal in that situation. One night, people blew up fireworks at the other side of the road. I was standing in front of my house, loving the colours. Then, something furry sat beside my legs. I thought it was Nonon, then I looked down, It was the cat. I finally can pet him. He accepts me, finally. He became one of the family. I think Nonon isn't happy about him becoming a new member of the family. I called him Bolt. Bolt was named after a dog from the movie "Bolt". I think Nonon didn't liked him very much or she knows what he's up to.