Part 15

Niamh had always been understanding, staying at hers was a great laugh but as time went on I knew I had to sort my own life out. Since returning to Niamh it had been almost 2 months. I figured by now that if he really wanted me, he could have easily found me. Any one could have found me, the only person who had tracked me down happened to be Tyler. He had tried to convince me to come back and just see how things went. I told him in the nicest way I could to stick it and I wouldn't return for love nor money. That was a lie, love was always on my mind. Tyler though, he understood, he text everyday even when we are both busy. It's great to have a friend like him who can keep me up to date. 

"Niamh," I grumbled as I looked over at her, she looked up from her laptop and glanced at me. "Do you think I could get a job at your place?"

Niamh raised an eyebrow before she closed the lid on her laptop. "So..." She sat up straight as she placed the laptop on the side table. "I have a confession."

I waited for her, I didn't know what she was going to say. I was going to be miffed if she didn't actually have a job and just chilled out somewhere else part time. 

"I work for Joseph," she told me in the quietest voice she could muster. 

I bit my lip as I looked at her, "Okay." I had to stay calm. Had I really been here and she had neglected to tell me that detail, it isn't a minor detail really, it's massive, in my case any way.

"Look," she started to explain. "I needed the money and he had a good job going."

"You don't need to explain yourself to me," I smiled at her. "Everyone needs a job Niamh. Even if it is working for him."

She grinned at me, "I don't think I can get you a job though." She let out a small laugh as did I.

"Does he know I am here?"

"He knows you are in town." She sighed. "Not from me though, he knows everything. I haven't told him you are here, he has asked though and I told him I haven't heard from you."

"I bet he doesn't believe you." 

"Why would you say that?" She asked almost offended. 

I rolled my eyes. "Niamh we are best friends. He knows you have seen me, he's probably got tabs on you and me. I don't even care. I just need to get myself a job. I need to get on with my life."

Niamh shook her head. "He wouldn't do that to me."

I looked at her, she looked almost stupid. In love. "You're sleeping with him aren't you?"

She gasped, clamping her hand over her mouth. I didn't need for her to speak though her eyes spoke every word of the truth. 

"How long for?"

"I'm not sleeping with him," she blatantly lied to my face. "Shanna, do you think I would do that to you?"

I shrugged, "I am not with him no more Niamh. I don't care if you are sleeping with him. I just don't want you do get hurt."

"I won't get hurt. We are just sleeping together. It's not serious."

"Of course it's not," I reminded her sharply. "He's got a wife."

Niamh looked at me before she shook her head, "This is why I didn't tell you before. I knew you wouldn't understand. I think we have something special."

I chuckled, I didn't even realise I'd done it until she glared at me. 

"I think it's probably best if you find some where else to stay Shanna," Niamh told me as she got to her feet. "I think at this moment in time we have a clash of interests."