4 - A little Picnic (GaLe)

"Everything's going according to plan. Operation G.O.G. is a go!" Gajeel heard Jellal's voice clearly in the empty campus. He was by the Sakura tree at that time, and it was the end of the day, but usually he goes here whenever he wanted to cut class, it was peaceful and he'd end up sleeping through the whole day. Now he was here because he was waiting for that signal. The signal to begin that stupid plan that Jellal had thought of about a week ago. Granted it was a guaranteed success, but the thought of planning and taking advantage of a girl in their most vulnerable state was kind of barbaric, even for Gajeel. Sure, he'd hit on Levy before, but he's shown to be tactful about it and stop when Levy seemed to have had enough.

He leaned back on the tree, relaxing as the calming wind began. He was still wearing his uniform, but he wore a black open-vest jacket with long sleeves and a hood that covered his head. His hair was on his side, as it was uncomfortable hiding it under that hot clothing. Minutes after relaxing, and almost falling asleep, he spotted two figures heading outside the school. When he focused his vision a bit, he confirmed that it was his old school friend Juvia Lockser and her stripper love interest, Gray.

His head followed their movements, a smirk evident on his lips. He knew why Gray was taking Juvia out today, it's probably the bravest thing he did all week. When Juvia looked at him, he looked away so she wouldn't see him smirking. He just needed to get Levy down there so he can get down to business, too.

A few more minutes of isolated silence, he heard pitter-patter steps closing in on him. Glancing to the side, he saw the blue-haired cutie heading towards him, a wide smile and curious eyes on her face. He wasn't about to satisfy her curiosity just yet, he wanted to enjoy their moment together for a while before things heated up.

"Hey Gajeel," she said cheerfully. "What're doing dress like an 80's gangster?" True, he was dressed like that, but that wasn't a concern.

"I just feel like it." He shrugged. "Anyway, why are you still at school? Shouldn't you be at home?" Now he was the one being curious. Levy was supposed to come home early, but she was still here at school. It could either be library work or council work that made her stay at school this late. This girl just doesn't know when to stop working and just relax, even for a little bit. That's why he's here, well, one of the reasons he's here.

"We had a council meeting," she said. "Lucy and the others are still inside, though. But what are we doing out here?" she gestured to the wide field behind the Sakura tree. At this, Gajeel grinned big, his sharp canines showing as he held his hand out.

"I figured you could use some relaxation..." he said. "It's nothing too fancy. Come on, I'll show you." Curious, and a little flustered, Levy took hold of Gajeel's rough hand and let herself to be led to the field. She wasn't really in to the whole idea of relaxing, especially here at school. But when she saw what Gajeel had meant, her eyes widened and she felt a blush coming on.

There was a picnic blanket laid down on the grassy area of the field. Inside the blanket, she spotted a picnic basket and Gajeel's old acoustic guitar. He usually brought it at school only when there were festivals or events that required music. He's easy to volunteer but he was never picked due to his gruff personality and looks. But nevertheless he didn't stop practicing, and right now Levy was sure he was one of the best in school.

"This is... nice." Levy muttered as she was led to the picnic blanket. Gajeel sat down on one side beside his guitar and the picnic blanket. He pulled the girl down gently so she can sit next to him. She was smiling all the while, and Gajeel was really happy that she was already enjoying herself. He grabbed the basket and reached a hand in, pulling out a few sandwiches and giving one to Levy. The blue-haired girl took it graciously and examined it a little.