write (or you'll regret it)

Something I am quite guilty of, along with a lot of the people I know, is wanting to be good at something without putting in a lot of effort. You may be wondering what this has to do with the topic of the youth of today, the answer is: everything.  If you're reading this book right now, chances are you have an interest in or passion for writing. I have received lots of messages about how people think they aren't good enough at writing (a majority of them in their teenage years) and it always comes back to the same response from me, the fact that you have such a strong interest in something that it makes you sad that you aren't as good as someone else means so much already. Having such a strong urge to create at a young age is admirable, the urge to get better and better at it even more so.

Back to the topic of how this applies to youth, I wanted to get the point across that everyone who is finding this passion at such a young age has a huge advantage, even if they don't think so. It can be very hard to tell, but every time you practice something, you get a little better. For example: if you start writing constantly around the beginning of your teenage years and continue doing so to lets say 30, there is no way you wouldn't improve vastly.

If you are on wattpad and have a passion for writing but are too scared to hear feedback, write for yourself in a journal or in a word document. That aside, I strongly urge you to share it with the world. I understand the fear of getting negative feedback, but as a creator with an audience, I can tell you wholeheartedly tell you that the good always outweighs the bad, you'll be surprised how little those rude comments will impact you.

Use that time advantage, it takes awhile but you will see progress. Write constantly, even when it gives you a headache. I think the outcome will surprise you!