The way of life (WIP)

A knock the door took Jeremy Aderio’s eyes off of the vibrant screen of the laptop sitting on his knee, he slid it off of his pants and laid it down on the couch and walked briskly towards the door. He’d always hated the chain on the door; the pin didn’t slide easily because rust had made the best of the slide. The crisp breeze came through the open door, making a Jeremy feel like a piece of ice was slowly sliding down his spine.                                                                                                                                  

“Hello Jeremy” The Landlord’s wife, Mrs Levine stood on the tiled second floor of the apartment complex.                                                                                                                      

“What can I do for you Ms Levine?” A second shiver went down his spine as he did an awkward twitch, but continued to smile and act like that of which had never occurred.

“Jeremy, you’re a week overdue on your rent, if this shows a continuation, we will be forced to evict you” Her smiled had disappeared; serious had dawned upon her face.

 Jeremy realised he was overdue with his rent, his tyrant of a boss fired him after he slipped up with his paperwork, he had been digging around for a job for the whole week and only had enough money to buy himself food for a week. He had to find a way to get money.