Music To Our Souls

Chapter 1

  School was about to start. I was getting ready to go. Blue jeans, a white shirt, some mascara, and I was ready. I went down stairs, and went to the kitchen.

  "Hey mom" she was cooking some waffles for me. "Oh hi sweetie, ready for your junior year?"

   I could not answer that, I did not know if I was actually ready, even though I had my best cloth on. I just smiled and ate a waffle. I was just about to finish my waffle, when I hear the bus coming; I hurry up to my room and washed my teeth, and in a rush went to the bus.

Where was I supposed to seat? Now that I am a junior, was I supposed to seat on the back? No, no. I sat in the middle, were normal people sit. On my way to school, I was looking at the window, how the children got on the bus so excited about the first day of school. Why do they get excited? School is a prison you stay seven hours a day there, forced to do work you would not even need when you grow up. I plug my headphones in and pressed play to a Michael Jackson song.

Suddenly I felt someone sitting right next to me

"Hey there." I looked up and saw this boy, tall, muscular, brunette, with hazel eyes staring at me. Wait a handsome boy was actually talking to me, he started the conversation. I did not know what to say. I thought someone had paid him so that he would go and talk to me, the new girl.

"What is your name?" he asked. "Mavis" I murmured.

I was in shock, a cute boy was actually talking to me. And I screw it up.

  "Mavis? Beautiful. Mavis, I am Alex, but everyone calls me Al" Alex, so beautiful.

"I actually like Alex, if you dont mind." I said, awkwardly. He smiled. He had a perfect smile. My head was just alexalexalexalexalexalex. He never took his eyes off me, I pretended that I haven't noticed it, until I accidentally looked at him, I smiled, he smiled back.

   "So, you are new in school aren't you? Let me tell you that to survive in high school, you need to take away your shyness, talk, and socialize."   I looked at him, his hazel eyes are melting me. I look at the floor, smile a bit, and look at him.

  "Hey, head up, smile, every boy that look at your smile,  would not handle it, and would smile back. Let me do this easier, from what school do you come from?" "I actually come from Texas, Texas high school." I answered. "Wow a Texas girl, things are pretty different in LA, but nothing to be scared of." he said. "Are you a senior?" I asked. "No, I am a junior, I know I am pretty tall for my age, but I am an eleventh grader. What are you listening?" He stared at my ipod. "Rock with you by Michael Jackson" I answered. I gave him my left headphone so that he would listen.

"Yeah I know what song it is, it is a good song." he said taking the headphone and placing it in his left ear. The rest of the way was just the music in my head playing while my soul is in another planet, maybe a Mavis planet.

The bus stopped, we had arrived. Alex returned the headphone and I stopped the music got up and went down the bus steps, he help me down. We went together to the auditorium to get our schedules. The auditorium was full of people. If I didn't have Alex than, I would be lost. I sat down and put my backpack in the floor next to Alex's backpack. We waited till the room was in complete silence so that the principal would start.

  "Good morning juniors, now you are about to become seniors and graduate from high school, things will change. Things will get tougher and harder." great start principal.