13: Back To The Start

After I had received the disappointing news, I had decided that it was never meant to be... But that doesn't mean that we can't be friends anymore right? But maybe he really did care...

"I married Asuna...."

He says looking down in sadness. 'What?...' I think confused. "I-I'm sorry _____, but I don't like you in that way... Please understand, I-I was happy with you but, Asuna makes me happier! A-And we even have a kid!" He says on the verge of tears. Then I slap my cheeks. "N-No that's okay! I-I didn't think that it would ever work with you and me! I-I don't even like you in that way either!! I, I hope that you and Asuna have a great time together..." I say trying to play of my tears as if they were from pain.

"I need to go Kirito, can you tell Asuna that I was sorry for being such a terrible friend? Thanks..." I say, accessing my menu panel. "W-Wait _____-!" But before he could finish his sentence I had already teleported to my old house. The last time I was there, was when me and Kirito, were together...

I slowly open the wooden door and step inside, nostalgia taking over my senses.

'Why Kirito...? I-I thought that you'd be sad without me but, now i know you've moved on... At least, my mind can rest at that...' I turn on my heels and wipe my tears away.

I close the door behind me and slump down against the wall. Tears start to fill my eyes. "I love you Kirito..." I say before becoming overwhelmed in tears.

TIMESKIP

I search through my old belongings, looking for anything that I could change into from my, the, Laughing Coffin cloak. I eventually find an old white shirt, a black skirt, worn-black nylons, brown mid-calf boots, and my old signature black cloak in the wardrobe. Selecting the outfit, I then change into it. But then take off the cloak and head towards my, bed...

I lay on the bed and scan over my surroundings. On the bedside table was a dusty picture frame. I pick it up. Then taking my sleeve, I wipe it off and blow off the excess. God I wish I left it...

In the picture frame, was a picture of Kirito and I... I was smiling while Kirito kissed my cheek with closed eyes. I could feels tears burning my eyes as they fall down my cheeks. In a fit of rage, I throw the object at the wall. But when I heard the ear-splitting sound of the glass breaking, I cringe and my eyes widen. I stalk over to the mess and pick up the picture with shaky hands.

I clutch my hand shut then put it into my inventory. Then I put on my cloak again and grab my Elucidator, I walk out of the bedroom and towards the front door. Looking back at the house once again, I leave it behind and head towards the outskirts of the forests on the 56th floor.

"I hope that I never see you again Kirito... Because if I did, then I wouldn't be able to help myself from loving you again..." I say before teleporting to the lower floor.

A/N: Short chapter is short