01

This is a world where everyone is born either a submissive or a dominant. You're assigned a role on your tenth birthday based off your personality and size. Once your role is assigned, you start training for the position you will have in your future. Subs get taught how to act, what doms like, and basic rules for all subs to follow. Doms get taught how to treat their subs, basic punishments and positions, and about the many expectations a dominant has to perform.

The year is 2028 and this is how the world works.

///

"Thank you, Buyer 198. You may collect your purchase backstage." A female's voice echoes through the room as the latest submissive is led to her new dominant. Louis whimpers as he is yanked forward, the chains around his wrists and ankles rubbing the skin raw. Louis is led onto the stage, being chained to the wall, his naked body spread for the enjoyment of the potential doms, eager to find their own sub today.

"This one's a real beauty, folks. He has caramel hair, tan skin, and he's never even had a dominant before! He's only eighteen so he shouldn't be too hard to whip into shape. We'll start the bidding at one thousand dollars." The male announcer speaks into the microphone.

"One thousand!" A female's voice calls from the back of the room. Louis prays someone else bids, not wanting a female dominant. Louis's sure she isn't bad, he just prefers males to females. He doesn't find anything appealing about the female anatomy.

"Two thousand!" A male's voice calls out, causing Louis to look up and try to put a face to the voice.

"Three thousand!" The female frantically calls back out. The bidding goes between the two people until one male calls out.

"Ten thousand dollars." The man's husky voice immediately sparks interest in the small boy chained to the wall. Ten thousand dollars? Who has that much money to spend on a sub?

"Ten thousand going once, twice, sold to Buyer 205. Please come backstage to collect your purchase." The announcer speaks as Louis is unchained from the wall and led backstage.

"Look who finally got bought." Louis's friend Damon nudges his shoulder.

"Careful! Louis has an /owner/ now! Have to look pretty for him!" Louis frantically pushes Damon's hand off his shoulder.

"Lou, you act like you never look pretty. You always do." The two subs silence when the auction owner strolls over, leading a woman over.

"Celeste, this is your sub, Damon." Celeste walks around Damon, Damon gulping from nerves. Doms have the option to reject the subs once they see them up close. If a sub got rejected, it went on their file.

When subs get purchased, their potential dom gets a file with all information about the sub: any education, background information, any diseases, and rejections. Rejections were deal breakers to many doms. Once a sub reached a certain number of rejections, the sub was either sent to a shelter or killed, depending on who the auctioneer was.

"I think I like this one." The woman spoke, handing the owner, Ricky, the money. Once the money was handed over, any issues the sub caused were the responsibilities of the dominant. Louis was scared. What if his dom rejected him? Louis's been rejected multiple times once his file was read, he couldn't be more nervous about the man who just won the auction for him. But nothing was ever guaranteed in a sub's world.

Louis watched as his best friend was lead away, sadness taking over. The sadness was quickly replaced with fear.

"What are you looking at?" Ricky spat in his face, shoving him to the ground, causing a loud whimper to escape Louis's mouth.