may 1

no letter this week.

It had taken a lot of courage and debating, but I finally decided that I needed to message Alexander. We hadn't talked in almost a week. I wonder how he's been, and if he's about as confused as I am.

I also was beginning to miss him, quite a lot.

My fingers hovered over the keypad, frozen.

I didn't really know what to say.

hey, u sorta confessed ur love to me and we haven't talked in a week but maybe i feel the same and i'd love to figure things out between us even though we live nearly 2,000 miles apart and will probably never meet!!!

Well, I said that in my head, at least. I actually sent: hey.

Maybe ten minutes had passed and he had failed to respond, so I turned my phone off and sighed, walking to the main room and turning on the TV.

Maybe he didn't want to talk to me after the incident. I mean, that's fine.

Why was I so worked up over this? It was nothing.... it meant nothing.

Alexander meant nothing.

Alexander was no one I'd met in real life, why did he matter so much to me? We were pen pals and we've messaged each other a few times. So what.

My phone buzzed and I was hesitant to grab it, especially after the thoughts I just had.

But nonetheless, I needed the validation.

Hola!

I knew that I was grinning as I unlocked my phone. Everything negative that had just gone through my head suddenly vanished.

It was refreshing to know that he'd still talk to me. I was terrified that he wouldn't want to.

how are you? it's been a while!!

There was a rather fascinating documentary on. I watched bits and pieces until my phone buzzed.

Muy bien! (That means 'very good,' in case you are unfamiliar with Spanish). Awfully busy though. I've had a lot of work to do recently, but I certainly haven't forgotten about you!

I blushed, my thumbs freezing again as I tried to text back.

sounds fun. what kind of work?

I'm working on the university transfer process. I delivered my application to a new college a few days ago and I'll learn whether or not I'm accepted in a week at the latest.

With the talent and intelligence he had, it was honestly shocking to know that he hadn't been to college before.

How exciting! I'm not very familiar with the universities in the Caribbean, but which one are you attending?

The little bubble with three dots lingered on the screen for such a long time that I set my phone aside and headed to the kitchen for lunch. Was he typing me an essay on the universities in the Caribbean?

He probably was. It's Alexander.

I sat down on the couch with my plate and checked my phone.

Actually, I decided to be brave. Rather than apply within my country, I have applied to King's College.

I froze. Did he mean King's College in New York City?

That couldn't be. There was no way.

as in, NYC?

That's it!

Oh no.

I called Angelica and Peggy and told them to meet me downtown. We had some talking to do.

-

i'm alive i promise

i think

hm

also it's rlly short soz about that