Chapter IV

Will's PoV

Nico soon drifted off to sleep peacefully.

I felt guilty.

It's my fault he is here, he's probably going to get hurt because of me.

Sometimes I wish my life was simpler, without all the hurt and abuse.

Now I've got a foster brother who I have may have developed a crush on.

He called you perfect Will! You have a chance! The small voice in my head proclaimed.

I tried to fall asleep but I just couldn't get the thoughts out if my head,

Nico is going to be abused once again.

And it's all my fault.

I just blocked it out, I can't think like that, not with all the things that are going on in my life at the moment. Yet, I can't even fall asleep anymore without seeing images of us being getting hit, and it's all my fault.

I turn on my back, hoping that maybe it would remind me of looking at the stars before my parents became poor and we were a loving family. It's one of the best memories I have. Yet it's the most heart breaking of them all.

I fall asleep to that image every night, knowing it's just some far away fantasy dream that would only happen if it weren't for me.

The smell of alcohol isn't as clear as I shake my head, hoping to wake up slightly more.

Nico's head turns towards mine, no smile, no emotion.

"What's wrong?" I ask, worried for him.

"Nothing, just thinking of bian- stuff!" He turns to the wall, his eyes tearing up.

"You can tell me anything Nico, even though we've practically just met, you can tell me anything, I won't be mad or angry I wouldn't hurt you like that, I know what it feels like to be defenceless because you're a kid and you can't be telling the truth! Just some kid trying to get attention, I know what it's like. I'm like you." I say, out of breath.

"I was just thinking about B-Bianca and how she would have been so grown up by now, I would've been able to live with her now, instead of in homes I get sent to because I'm not wanted! I just want to be with my family, so I guess you are just like me."