Antlers

I lay back pointing my head towards the sky. The cold steel tracks sending shivers down my back. I think of how this red sunset will be my last.

The vibrating tracks signal to me
that its coming, the train that goes down this path everyday.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. "In and out." This was out of my hands now, what happens next, its up to fate to decide.

The train steadly came closer and closer. "It's your move now, but at this moment you're in check." I muttered those words as i expected them to be my last.

There was a slight tug on my shirt as i heard the train pass. I opened my eyes looking down to see no one there. "Who pulled me up? Who was it." I was confused but i didn't mind. I turned in circles looking for my savior

I heard the rustling of the bushes behind me and ran over hoping to find my savior. As i pushed aside the leaves of the bush a figure became clear. It has pointed ears that reminded me of the elves from my childhood stories.

It was interesting. The hair of this creature was ruffled and dirty, its skin was covered in bruises and instead of clothing it wore a skirt of leaves. But what interested me the most about this creature were the white and black spotted antlers that lied on its head.

"Were you the one that saved me?" I asked it.

It turned to face me. Muttering out a language i couldn't understand.

"I can't understand you. But thank you." I said reaching out to touch it but it backed up quickly snarling slightly.

"Apologies. You don't have to fear me. I will not harm you. I don't know if you understand me but i would like to tell you my name. I am Anne."

"Kizo... Kizo my name..." He replied. The way he spoke was as if he had never been educated. But i wasn't bothered. I just smiled and said his name back to him.

"Nice to meet you Kizo." I said back

-End of Part 1-