Chapter One: Back In Black & Blue

=-= Shido's POV =-=

I woke up and got out of bed sluggishly, getting ready for school. Heading downstairs I noticed Kotori sitting in front of the television with her white ribbons tying her hair up into pigtails and a lollipop in her mouth, I raced over to her and tried to force it 'out of her mouth. She yelped and I successfully took the sweet from her.

Kotori pouted "Give it back, Onii-chan!" She complained.

I shook my head and gave her a stern look "No sweets before breakfast!" I instructed.

She sighed "Can I have it after?" She asked in a whiney voice.

"Sure, only if you eat all of your breakfast though." I told her.

Kotori nodded and she jumped up following me into the kitchen "What are you gonna make?" Kotori asked as she watched me take some ingredients out of the fridge.

"Just some pancakes, you fine with that?" I replied. Kotori nodded with enthusiasm, making her pink pigtails fly up and down.

. . . After Breakfast . . .

Collecting the dirty dishes I washed them as Kotori took back her lollipop and put it in her mouth. "Okay." I heard Kotori say in a firm voice obviously meaning she changed her ribbons to black. "Let's talk business." She continued. Sighing I turned around to face her, yup I was right about the ribbons, she stood in front of me with her arms on her hips slightly bending over. She took her lollipop out of her mouth and pointed it at me "Tohka's mood has been unsteady lately so don't do anything stupid." She said as she folded her arms on her chest "As we both know from experience, Tohka will get jealous and start a spacial quake if you don't centre your attention around her." She stated as she sighed, "And that may be the reason she is called Princess..." I heard her murmur under her breath.

Sighing I honestly had to agree, Tohka was a little bit of a crybaby and she is definitely jealous... I just hope she can get over that, I'll have to keep going on dates with spirits so I can seal away their powers. Except for one spirit, an sclass spirit, Kurumi Tokisaki, one of the most dangerous of all the spirits. She's killed over 10,000 humans yet I don't think she's all bad. I grunted as I ruffed up my hair "Hello? Earth to Shido!" Kotori called as she waved her hand in front of my face.

"Heh, sorry about that what's up?" I asked as I scratched the back of my neck.

Kotori looked at me with slightly concerned eyes "You've been acting weird ever since Tanabata, I mean you told us what happened last year but I thought you were over that." She stated in a concerned manner. (This is connected to my last Kurumi x Shido story, Our Day, If you haven't read it I suggest you do)

Pulling a fake smile I looked down at my little sister "It's nothing, don't worry about it." I lied, it was something, I saw the past Kurumi dead for the third time all killed by the present Kurumi, yet for some reason I still hold affections towards her, I can never stay mad at her! No matter if she's killed so many people, I just can't hate her!

Kotori just looked at me as if she knew I was hiding something. Looking away from my little sister I noticed the time on the clock, Crap! "Kotori, I've gotta hurry off to school now!" I panicked. She simply just nodded at me with folded arms. "Uhh... Shouldn't you get going too?" I asked her.

She laughed as if I was some kind of idiot "I have more important things to do, Shido. Such as keeping an eye on you!" She explained.

Sighing I just waved and left the house to see Tohka waiting for me with a bright smile. Walking towards her a smile grew on my face "Hey Tohka, How long were you waiting?" I asked her as I greeted her.