Chapter 2

I stared at my phone in shock. How did he know it was me? He must have been expecting my text. I replied "What's up?" I didn't really know what to say or start a conversation because I wasn't a people person nor was I around a lot of people to talk to. My phone lit up and started ringing. It was Ryan. I really didn't want to talk because I wasn't the talking type. I answered it anyway. "Hello?" I said quietly. "Hey Beautiful. What are you doing?" he replied. My heart dropped. Somebody actually called me beautiful. This was not normal for me. I couldn't take this. I didn't want this feeling. I immediately hung up the phone and stared at my phone. I felt my breathing get heavier as well as my eyes go blurry. Why did I feel like this? Why won't I talk to him? I grabbed my phone and held the top button on and shut off my phone. I can't talk to him. I got under neath my blankets on my bed and laid in silence. I closed my eyes and saw Ryan's face. What have I done?

I awoke the next morning with a terrible headache. I rubbed my head as the sunlight made it worse as I was opening my eyes. I turned over and grabbed my phone. I remembered that I had shut it off because I didn't want to talk to Ryan because I was scared. I turned my phone back on and I saw '2 missed phone calls. 3 new messages.' I opened up the messages. They were all from Ryan. First one read "Nikki, why'd you hang up on me?" Second one "Hello?" Third "Meet me at the park today. 12pm." I swallowed hard as I looked at the clock. '10:38AM' it read. I groaned as I got out of bed. As I sat at the edge of my bed, my phone rang. It was my mothers ringtone, so I know it was her. "Hello?" I said. "Hey Nikki, I'm going to be out of town for a few days. Grandpa is sick. You can take care of yourself can't you?" I rolled my eyes. "Yes mom, I can. I'll see you when you get back." I hung up. Mom was always away. She didn't even really care to begin with. You could say that I live in a house that is always empty for free. I got up and grabbed my clothes and went into the bathroom to take a shower.

As I got out the shower, I wrapped my towel around me and walked into my room. Nobody was here anyway, so I didn't have to worry about mom seeing my cuts or scars. I looked at the clock. '11:13AM" I still had enough time. I got dressed, and did my make up as well as my hair. I looked in the mirror as I grabbed my bag on the chair next to it. I shook my head and whispered "Whatever." as I walked away to go downstairs. I grabbed the keys, and locked the door on my way out as I walked to the park.

It was a little warmer today, not as cold. The sun was out which caused me to squint. I'm glad that I took a shower because it made my headache go away. I looked ahead as I saw the park. I didn't live to far from it. I got my phone out of my pocket as the time read "11:58AM." I nodded my head as I walked through the parking lot of the park. I saw somebody walking around the park from the sidewalks. I wondered if that could be Ryan. I proceeded to walk toward the slide as what I always did. This time I sat at the bottom of the slide and waited. I started singing 'Saviour by Black Veil Brides' to myself as I was patiently waiting.

All of a sudden I got interrupted by a deep voice "You have a nice voice." I stood up quickly as I was in surprise to turn around. It was Ryan. "Hi." he laughed. "Hi." I said shyly. "Come on, lets go over to the swings." he intended. I nodded. We walked over to the swings in silence as he looked up at me and smiled. I looked away as much as I could. I felt inside that I was shaking, I couldn't believe this was happening. A guy actually wanted to hang out with me. "So why did you turn off your phone last night?" he asked me as he got onto the swing starring at me. I couldn't think of an excuse. "Just because." I blurted. "Because why? You scared of me? Ain't nothing to be scared of. I'm not that scary." he said laughing as he stood up and banged on his chest. I looked at him and smiled a big grin as I started laughing. I immediately caught myself and covered my mouth realizing what I had just did. I was sitting on the swing, as I looked away and still had my mouth covered. I could feel Ryan's beautiful blue eyes stare at me. He walked over as he knelt down in front of me. "Nikki, look, I know that we just met. But something is drawing me to you. I don't know what it is. But I know your going through stuff and I want to help. " I slowly let down my hand as I turned to look at him. I could tell he was serious. "I promise to take it easy with you. I've been there." he starred at my arm as he set his hand on top of my wrist. I felt tears coming to my eyes. I don't know what I was feeling. Did someone actually care for me? Was this really happening to me? I swallowed hard as I felt tears roll down my cheeks. Ryan put his hand on my cheek and wiped my tears away as he pulled me into his arms and hugged me. It felt so right. The warmth ness of his body against mine was amazing. I didn't want to let go. I knew this was really happening. I actually met someone that cares about me even if we did just really meet. We continued hugging for a few minutes as we both pulled back at the same time. He smiled at me as he looked into my eyes. I looked into his deep blue ocean eyes, as I tried to smile. He laughed and said "We'll work on it." I nodded my head and smiled a bit bigger. "Come on, let's take a walk. I want to know you better. Your going to talk to me wether you like it or not." he joked as he grabbed my hand and started walking. I took a deep breath and started off with "Well...."

I spent the entire night walking and talking with Ryan, just about everything. I told him what I have been through, what goes on, something I haven't done in a very long time. It was such a surprise to me that I actually opened up to someone in a very short amount of time. I enjoyed talking to him because he actually listens to me and doesn't get tired of my voice like everyone else does. He walked me home as it got darker. We stood at the top of the stairs at my house.

"Well, this is it." I said looking down sadly. I didn't want this night to end. "Yeah, but you know what? I'll see you again. I'll make sure of that." Ryan said smiling. I looked up at him and smiled. "Thanks." I replied. "I'll see you later." he said as he came up to me and kissed my forehead as he hugged me. We both wrapped our arms around each other and embraced a deep hug. We let go, as he disappeared into the night. I walked into the house, and sat down on the couch as I smiled bigger than I've ever smiled. I closed my eyes and yawned. It was 11:52PM. My phone started ringing and it read 'Mom.' I answered it with a smile as on the other line I heard my mother cry dramatically. "Mom! What's going on?" I yelled. "Your grandfather. He's gone." She screamed. I felt my heart drop into my stomach. I started breathing heavily. I swallowed hard as I stared ahead at the wall. I dropped my phone without flinching. No, he can't be gone.

-Uh oh. I wonder how she's going to react with her grandfather passing away. Hope you enjoyed!-