One thing changes it all

"Lex, hurry up the customers are waiting!" Joey out on the counter. Out came an 11 year old carrying full tray of soda, looking as though she has done it for years.

My mom has worked at the 60s Dinner as long as I could remember. My dad is never been in the picture he died when I was little, given for that see him much. Fifth asked you months as in helping my mom Emily here at the Crap Café, as I call it.I only start helping is the guy who rented so that apartment up the rent again.I turned 11 a few weeks ago since we had barely enough money to pay the rent I had to wait till this week to get a nice new  pair shoes for my birthday.  and I promise we can go shopping today I was excited finish up our shift, we only had 15 minutes left today.

     "Excuse me miss I'm looking for Mrs. Knight."The new customer at the door asked me.

       " Sure she's in the back let me get her for you."    

       As I start walking towards the back,

     "Mum,there's this guy asking for you out at the counter." Still walking towards her, till I see the freaked out look on her face. So I yelled for her again finally she snaps out of it. She grabs my arm she whispers I'm sorry inserts walk towards the strange guy. Not understanding what's going on I follow her just in time to see him I gesture for us both to sit down.

  This is new to me, no one has ever asked me to sit with them. Starts talking like I'm supposed to know why you here he goes so far to say,  I believe you all know why I am here today. ,I finally snap annoyed not knowing why you who he is

  " of course I don't know why you're here!!"

He just stares shocked at my outburst

" i'm sorry I thought your mother would have informed you with your birthday passing, well then hello I am professor longbottom." By this point my mom finally loses her cool.

  " you all told me you said she was normal..." She whisper yells at him for a solid five minutes.  But while she's trying to list for yell he's lays down a letter for me on the table. Seeing as my mother wasn't stopping anytime soon I opened it.

I read,

      HOGWARTS, SCHOOL OR WITCHCRAFT AND WIZARDRY

Headmaster Mcgonagall,

Dear Miss. Knight,

    We are pleased inform you that you have been accepted that Hogwarts. Please find the closest list of all necessary books and equipment.

  Term begins September 1. We await your owl no later than July 31.

  Your sincerely

Neville Longbottom

Deputy headmaster.

      " What does this mean?" I quickly ask yelling over my mom. My mother looking so shocked that I already read the letter that you're trying so hard to stop me from. Family thinks and replying I'm a witch and my mother has hidden this from me hits me.

  Before I can confront my mother Professor start speaking again

      " as you have read you have been excepted to the best school of witchcraft and wizardry. Everything will be paid for by the ministry of magic." He pauses before adding. " ," I am here to help you get everything you need and help explain things," he trails off seeing the glare from my mum.

As if my mother could read my mind, she start off with,

" I know this must be a lot and I never told you because there was a 50% chance you would get lucky and be normal. I was told if you didn't show any signs by the time you were 11, you  were normal!" Her mouth I thought I had normal look being  witch was bad, I don't need him for a few minutes but it sounded pretty cool to me. Quickly turning to the asked...

  "Does this mean my father was a wizard?" He just slowly nods yes

"When do you leave?" I think this question shocked him but not my mother's must've known if/when I found out I wouldn't want to talk to her immediately.

Not like it really matters  she had a looked at me since she saw the professor,I knew she wished I wasn't in a witch. But I know she knew I never felt normal or really fit in, she had the answers all along and never told me. I'm ready to start living life who I was meant to be.

That night, hours after Professor Longbottom left after telling me everything I needed to know for the time being and that he would be back tomorrow. It's been hours, mum still hasn't even glanced at me, the one person who I always thought would tell me the truth and be there for me. Hide the biggest secret from me for 11 years! She always told she only spoke the truth about my dad, besides him being a wizard I guess. I have so many questions for her, but it's just too hard, I can't stop thinking about he luring to me.