Chapter 1 - Welcome to Oakfordshire

{AN: I wanted to make chapter one an informal description to explain what you are about to read. My writing style is odd to say the least, and the amount of shit I store in my brain is unreal :D. So see this as an overview. Happy reading. <3} 

"Welcome to Oakfordshire. Escape your busy schedule to become one with the exquisite holiday location across the ocean's blue to a grand English city located just off the north-eastern coast. Be greeted by the locals with a polite "How do you do" whilst being offered our welcome pack of muffins and tea, the finest from India's grains. After leaving the ferry, travel around the picturesque well-kept metropolis streets, gravel polished to shine without a stray item of litter in sight. That's not all, blown away by the cleanliness? How about a stay in one of our towering architectural delights. Skyscrapers protruding high within the clouds, the world will become your own scenic kingdom as you stand proudly in these holiday suites. We take care of our visitors, as we hope you take care of yourself. Please, search our website below to find information about our luxury holiday packages. And you can also join all the smiles of the happy travellers we, at Oakfordshire, have had the pleasure of meeting. Have a good day, and happy vacationing".....

Sickening correct? This was an advertisement of our little city around forty years ago. Well, It would be a lie to say that I was not keeping exact track of the times the earth went to shit. 2013 was when it started to get bad. After the release of Vampire diaries, The walking dead, and let us not forget the Twilight saga along with others. And no, I am not hinting towards the poor screen writes and bad acting. I mean you. The fandom went crazy. Idealizing mythical creatures with your sick human minds and look what become of us. You wanted romances with vampires, to be best friends with a warlock and to keep a pet zombie out back in a shed but instead, what we got was on a separate plane to what you fans wanted. The reality of the unknown hit us harder than a punch in your face. And soon, the world began to realise that what the fandoms of teenage novels wanted, would become the earth's end. Okay, It's not your fault. I suppose no one is to blame for the predicted apocalypse. However, my fingers point in the direction of the new government that came into power in 2018. Government ZV. This organization was once an underground group of science nerds who snatched young men and woman from the safety of their home to tie them into a twisted torture that led to the birth of the first experiment. This whole practice was originally led by a deranged man called Zen Ventura who had this image of making the unknown reality. After the first experiment escaped and took its psychotic brothers and sisters with it, the undead plagued the streets. So many people were taken as the unknown searched for to quench their thirst and seek revenge. Government ZV, with the death of its leader in the commotion, came prepared and preserved many lives. They helped a lot of us break the mold that you all set. It's a long and agonizing story but seems as you play a part. I suppose it's time to fill you in on our past, present and future. I mean, I am going to die soon. 90% is not a good reputation for having.

You don't understand.

So let me start to explain to you about what happened to my city. In 2017 there was a fire, the skyscrapers crashed and burned into the land, it was London bridge replaying itself. This time, however, there was a release of a virus. It turned humans insane and altered DNA, and this, mixed with flame, was deadly. Something you call "Zombies" Or "Vampires" began to harvest the lives of many and the more people who exposed themselves to the now polluted air to attack the flames, had their lives ripped from their being. These creatures, however, the people of earth refused to name them after the storybook races they grew up with, instead, they called them "Experiments" Or "E". This was our way of not giving them a name, not giving them a face and also, not giving them the purpose of existence. It is somewhat cruel if you think deeper into it, these Experiments once had a life, a family, a future. The ground is now stained in years' old blood and the soot of the past. Some of the larger buildings, schools, and churches, turned into factories as trade across oceans was terminated. There was no more unions, or royal families, or presidential faces through the earth. Everyone just bowed to Government ZV. It was forgotten about how the deceased Zen Ventura started all of this havoc. One day, on May 16th, 2018 a shadowed figure introduced himself as our saviour through internet and television. At first, people either saw him as a god in a physical form or just another big mouthed asshole. But, after time, everyone believed he was God.

The city fell across the nations including ours. The skyscrapers crashed to scrap, with only a few iconic building still standing with pride. Some buildings were reconstructed, others were built from new materials founded by the authorities. After the populated areas began to build their civilisation once again, the airs pollution cleared after 10 years and the grass regrow naturally. Trees were artificially planted to maintain and forests were spread to give a habitat for wildlife throughout the whole world, and those animals that did make it, if not also a turned experiment, lived among humans in less fear. Squirrels again began to hang around parks and monkeys would sit on the shoulders of foreign travellers. Trade returned and was scheduled in a well packaged seasonal deal that then stopped general waste and decreased the use of landfill sites. They approved and mastered the use of cloning so farms of livestock became full and healthy once more. Education was at a high, with many of our youth focusing on science or politics and crime. The cost of living became low as the majority of people settled on a single middle class live, living in small apartments became the norm, but it was a healthy lifestyle and no one ever asked for more. The most difficulties we have is keeping the young out of gangs of rebellion and off of streets. That was the only think ZV couldn't cut. With more and more human kind becoming experiments and the humans sinking into a desperate want for recognition above the harebrained individuals, crime rates hit an ultimate high. Murder, theft and abuse being dealt daily in open public. The added CCTV works as a good defence, big brother watching you and what not. But that doesn't stop the weak cowering in their cozy little apartments. We are happy. We are content. And we will never try to change that again... I hope.