I can't miss school.

It's night time and I should be sleeping, but here I am, typing away at a screen brighter than my future, pondering life's greatest questions. I tend to do that alot. Get lost wandering about all the endless possibilities and infinite life endings. Sometimes I will zone back into reality only to realize that my Math teacher is still droning on and my desk is still where it is. If I had chosen to handle my life differently, I would still be forced to go to school. Still be friends with practically my entire grade. And still get infected with the plague that my loving little brother has brought into our home. I knew I had been contaminated earlier today. It hit me first with the annoying, and slightly burning, sensation in the back of my throat. A slight cough and stuffy nose; nothing too serious. But I know. I know that soon my guts will be forcibly exploding from my mouth and mucus will be clogging my various airways, cutting of my life support. It's fine though. I'm not mad. People get sick, it happens. Although with my school's new attendance policy, I can't afford to miss any school whatsoever. I'm no stranger to missing class, being a two sport athlete who is also enrolled into multiple advanced/dual credit classes and such. Missing school is worse than death itself. My body is just going to have to suck it up and get better. That being said, I am going to have to sleep now. My immune system needs all the help it can get.

Keep it real peeps.